I think I ruined one of my christmas gifts from hubby

Quote:
I'm so excited about it. I've already picked out the first three books I want to read! It's the perfect gift for me. I've read just about everything of interest to me at our local library. The only store to buy books at around here is walmart and their selection is dinky. I've wanted to read Dean Koontz's frankenstein series for awhile now, but our store never got them. Living in the buckle of the bible belt, our reading material is censored.
roll.png
I know he shouldn't have spent so much, with finances the way they are; but I'm sure glad he did.

The snugglie I'll find a use for.

Do they really censor the books? I know Wal Mart censors books, but don't you have any actual book stores? Let us know how the Kendal works for reading in bed.

Yep, they censor the book selection and the music selection. Only other bookstore in town is a christian bookstore. We're talking about a town of less than 6,000 people. The town we actually live in has less than 200 people. The nearest bigger town is about an hour away.

Kat, the kindle sounds so great!!! I thought I would p myself when I discovered that I could download books on my laptop to take up north with me so that I wouldn't have to worry about buying books to take along!!!! You are soo lucky. I'd like one, but will wait for a while til maybe the prices come down a little more.

And. as for the snuggie, I think you would like it once you got used to it. They really aren't confining, just nice and ..well...snugglie. Let's just hope he didn't get you the camo one. My daughter got that one for Rick's b-day, cuz he works out in the cold and she thought it would be good for lying on the couch watching tv. But it's camo.

Quote:
OH Keith wouldn't dare get me a camo one. We both hate camo because it seems like everyone in town is always dressed in it. I'm surprised they haven't come out with camo prom dresses for these townspeople.
roll.png

Quote:
I think my big rooster Thor would have a problem with that. He already hates my red crocs. Don't wanna push the poor boy over the edge.
hide.gif

Here we are in all our glory:

12104_snuggies.jpg

Sorry it's so blurry, my poor camera didn't know where to focus with all the stripes. Still, you get the idea. Notice how we all have our drinks and books yet still stay amazingly toasty?!
lol.png

I got to play with my Kindle early, hubby got his present in the mail, so it's only fair. It's wonderful! I would have loved to have had one of these growing up, we had one little tiny bookstore, with maybe 50 different books in it at a time, and no library (other than the pitiful school libraries). So, I read everything in the house. By the time I was 15 I had read all of Zane Grey's books, Stephen King's books, and Danielle Steele. None of which are really my cup of tea (well, except for Stephen King's early works). To have had access to so many books in my youth would have been heavenly. So yes, I totally get what you are going through and it should solve your access issue. It's especially wonderful that you can download the first chapter of any book to sample before buying.

Quote:
That's just wrong...on so many levels.
roll.png

It would look good on Sarah Palin, if she took off the glasses and didn't talk. I really like the cut.

Back
Top Bottom