I think Ideal Poultry sold me tons of roosters and I paid for all pullets

So what's the prognosis with your chicks- mostly boys or girls, how did it work out? Kudos to you posting on here, I gave up a long time ago...as there are waaaay too many know-it-alls and other peeps with waaaaay too much time on their hands. Peace

I am very appreciative of your posting about your experience with Ideal hatchery. People should be warned about low brow companies that cheat their customers. I have ordered from a few other hatcheries including mostly from Murray McMurray and they all have offered to make good on orders that had more than 10 % cockerels , instead of all females. Since mail orders starting in 1973 up till two years ago( the last order)they have usually been fairly close on the ratio of male to female I ordered. None have ever been 100 % correctly sexed in 50 years of ordering chicks by any hatchery! It is very disappointing to get too many roosters when you did not order any! However , it is difficult to sex many varieties of chicks and the reputable companies offer a 90% warranty. MMH has always offered the full price of the chick if too many of the wrong sex was delivered. So did a couple other hatcheries I dealt with years ago. Ordering chicks is not like ordering a pizza, there is not a perfect way to sex some chicks reasonably, it is an art and science. The alternative is hatch your own and then you always will have a lot of cockerels! I do not even make a claim if they only miss it by 80 % out of respect and for their effort and the difficulty and unlikeliness of being 100% accurate. They have always helped me and met their obligation to credit or refund me.

Back
Top Bottom