I Think It Is A Duck!! NEW PICS

fl.gif

Last edited:
I have muscovys and their eggs are cream coloured. They are very sweet ducks. they aren't at all aggressive if you raise them from babies and I live in BC in Canada. Its wet most of the year and we get lots of slugs and snails. these guys eat them all.

Muscovys are being sent to third world countries as they forage for themselves, don't need water to swim in (although they love it) and their meat is low in fat. It is more like tenderloin that duck meat.

they breed easily and are very prolific.

I love them because they co exist with my chickens really well and are very quiet.

If you are lucky it might be a muscovy!

I have a couple in my incubator and my girl is sitting on a combination of her eggs and some chicken eggs that she babysits for the hens.

really sweet birds.

good luck!
thumbsup.gif
jumpy.gif

Lynn

I NEVER THOUGHT OF A TURKEY!!! A dinosour maybe. If he makes it I do want him around for a long while so if I don't name him LUCKY I will name him Howard (Howard the duck) since my last name is Howard!! I just hope I get to name him!!

I bet you will as ducks are pretty hardy compared to chicks.
I've got my fingers crossed for you and the little guy. I kind of agree with the name lucky, we've had bad experiences with that name too.

Howard is good.

what if its female?

Lynnk

If this duck makes it I will post pics and let some of you name it. You also will have to tell me if it is male or female as I am good at incubating, but not knowing the sex!!

hit produces
WELL,HE IS A DUCK. But I think going in lockdown too early (thinking he needed 28 days to hatch instead of the 35) he hatched today at day 33. Still has the yolk sac attached. He is alive, in the incubator, but only barely. He is so big!! I have never hatched a duck before, and since I found the egg in a ditch I really didn't think it stood a chance. Did my research and thought he needed 28 days. Now I know it is a Muscovy and needed 35 days. Is it silly for a 60 year old lady to cry over a duck? I am heartsick!!

Back
Top Bottom