I think I've found my new home .....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Pupsnpullets, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Pupsnpullets

Pupsnpullets Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2008
    SoCal desert
    Hi everyone,

Just introducing myself.

I discovered this site yesterday and after much browsing I think I'm your kind of folk:)

I live in the southern California desert, near Palm Springs, with my two dogs and an assortment of chickens. I'm more of a half-way house for the abandoned, elderly and just plain societal misfits of the chicken world than a gungho chicken ranch. Even the dogs arrived under a cloud!

I have one RIR/Marans girl who is 7 years old and still laying big fat eggs, her 'man', a huge gentle white boy with red wings (also older), and 5 pullets. 2 of the pullets are supposedly Sumatras but one definately may be able to claim some sumatran parentage but the rest of the family tree is a mystery:D Perhaps when I get to know you better I'll post a picture of her and let you give me your opinion. The rest of the pullets are an assortment of breeds (don't like to offend them by calling them mongrels).

I'm looking forward to learning a lot and maybe I can even contribute something of use to someone else.

Barb

2. Cheekon

Cheekon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    NY
    Cool!

Welcome to the addiction! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Glad to have you. Welcome to the Fun [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    welcome and hi.

5. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    I'm looking forward to learning a lot and maybe I can even contribute something of use to someone else.

Welcome and don't worry too much about contributing something useful all the time, we definatley like the not useful stuff too, lol!! JK, we joke alot, laugh way too much, enjoy each other's company and help each other out with all our chicken problems!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2008
  6. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

Barb, Welcome to the BYC! Glad you found us and decided to join the fun!
    [​IMG] <>< Barb:)

7. RubberChickenLubber

RubberChickenLubber Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2007
    Newton, NC
    Welcome to the chicken madness, Barb [​IMG]

8. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Welcome, glad you found us. [​IMG]

9. Cheekon

Cheekon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    NY
    Quote:Welcome and don't worry too much about contributing something useful all the time, we definatley like the not useful stuff too, lol!! JK, we joke alot, laugh way too much, enjoy each other's company and help each other out with all our chicken problems!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

I usually contribute to the insanity. (not that it needs any help...)

10. tink

tink Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2007
    upstate SC
    Welcome Barb....I am an ex-Californian myself. I have a brother who lives in Palm Springs. Enjoy this site.....lots of info and lots of fun.
    Tink

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by