i think my 3 1/2 month cochin leg is dislocated

frizzleman74

Chirping
9 Years
Aug 10, 2010
Fairfield County
Its been limping for about a month and 2 weeks ago i secluded it into a little cage in the coop so it can rest. I have a feeling its dislocated because i can feel the ball pop out of the socket. Also its leg is not in the right place that it should be when it walks it is way off the the side. WHAT SHOULD I DO! keeping it in a small cage doesnt seem to make it that much better, or is it just time. It can still walk but i can tell its in a lot of pain. I have a feeling the injury happened while jumping down from the roost in the coop. Do i really have to bring it to a vet?
How much would it be to get the problem fixed. Can i fix it myself. Someone please help, I will give anymore information you need. THANKS

Last edited:
Yeah, that bird needs to see a vet. You are not likely going to be able to fix that on your own without damaging it more. If you don't want to go the vet route then I would cull the bird. An unstable dislocation is not a situation I would wish on anyone or anything. It is excruciatingly painful. An animal shouldn't live like that.

Sorry. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom