I think my chicken may actually be a T-Rex?

Sumerr

Songster
7 Years
May 27, 2015
Iowa
So my chicken babies are 6 1/2 months old now. I've raised them from when they were just 2 days old and treated them like pets ever since. As they've grown up, out of the 10 there's now 3 really skiddish ones that don't like to be touched, and the rest are as curious and friendly as ever.... But then there's Willow my Dominique. When she was a baby and even at 3 months she was my little sweetie. I could always have her on my lap and she loved to be petted. And now since they've moved to their coop outside, she's been a nasty little spawn of evil ever since! She'll peck and twist and almost drawn blood from me a couple times. I have to distract her to even get the simplest tasks done in the run!
I've tried to demonstrate my dominance, I've tried treats, I've tried love and nothing works. Could it be she's turned broody? I've started getting a few eggs this month, but I'm not sure if she's the one laying yet. Could she hate me bc I moved her outside? How far deep do chicken emotions run? Either way, I never knew a chicken could be so nasty, maybe she's more T-Rex than I give her credit for.
Maybe you guys can help! :)

Last edited:
Hey there Sumerr

Do you have known roosters in your flock or are they all supposed to be hens?

No roosters in my flock and my matriarch can be a bit of a bully with her flock mates but the only time she, or any of the others get grumpy with me is when they are broody and I have had girls go broody at 6 ½ months.

However, I have to agree with everyone else at this stage, before we start trying to determine what is going on with Willow, the first step would be to rule out that Willow is not, in fact, William so some pics would be good to establish that.

Thank you so much for all the responses! You guys are great
1f44d-1f3fc.png

They're all supposed to be hens, so I'm really hoping she's not a rooster. I've already had a small complex when my hubs wanted to eat the first egg. I'm not sure why, but it just seemed weird to me! Anyways, I'll take some photos of her tomorrow. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom