I think my chicks are in trouble

MOChickenz

Chirping
9 Years
Jun 10, 2010
Missouri
Marti poultry has always gotten our chicks to us on time, so when the post office didn't call this morning, I worried.

Long story short, the baby chicks are LOST. They did not arrive at the post office. It is 64 degrees, rainy and windy. I am really worried. There are 31-34 chicks in the box since they always send a few extra.

Do I need to brace myself for the worst?

OH, that is a worry! Expect the worst, and maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised!!!!
fl.gif

Oh my that is horrible I am sorry! I will pray for your little babies safe home coming but with so many in the box maybe they will keep each other warm! How can you loose a box of chirping chicks?!?! Silly post office! Keep your chin up and let us know what happens

Oh noooooooo .. I'm always sick to my stomach when I have babie/eggs in route ..

hugs.gif

I just went out and set up the heat lamps, have the waterer in the kitchen to fill with warm water, and filled the feeder and put it in the brooder. I can call the post office in 20 mins to see if they show up on the '11:00 express run'. I am so worried! I don't want them to freeze and get sick or die. I already murdered a bunch of chicks through my own stupidity this summer. I don't want to add to my death tally.

Sigh.

Oh geez.

So the chicks did not show up in the 1100 run. I hung up and started to cry. I called the main post office number and they directed me to consumer affairs. I explained to them that I was worried they would dehydrate to death by tomorrow. A WONDERFUL lady named Kay is currently running to the main st louis distribution center to see if she can find them.

I will keep updating.

Yes, they were shipped on time and should have been here this morning at the latest. They assured me they would re ship next week and make it right...but honestly I am more concerned about the chicks than the money.

Still waiting for a callback from the post office.

Back
Top Bottom