I think my chicks are in trouble

Aaaarrrgghhhhh.....I am sooooo sorry
hit.gif
Maybe by some miracle.....I also can't believe someone at the USPS could lose peeping chicks. Maybe they sort of got lost into someone else's hands? How horrible for you......

I ordered mine from MPC and received them next day from Connecticut. They ONLY ship chicks via express mail. The 2-3 day thing freaks me out.

That is the worst of all possible waits!!! Mine came on the second day and I was a wreck!! I am so sorry you are having to wait till tomorrow -- my guess is that most of them will be fine and some will be wobbly. By best to you and your chicks, wherever they are.

Jenny

Quote:
again, they do not offer it.

Don't blame yourself for this! This is out of your hands. Next week you will have a big batch of peeping babies to fuss over. I'm sorry for you loss
hugs.gif
What a terrible thing to endure.

My friend had chicks sent from Ohio to Illinois , overnite express. It took 3 days and they were sent in the midst of a midwestern heat wave of 90 degree weather. Thankfully they were alive tho one needed some TLC stat. They were horribly thirsty. There was nothing in the box to sustain them,

Quote:
again, they do not offer it.

I completely agree with pips&peeps. It is likely that your next batch will come through just fine. However, if I had to go back and do it all over, I would not order from a hatchery that did not provide express shipping. It costs more, but is WORTH it! Sorry for your loss. The best you can do is go over your dead chicks and make sure they sent the ones you ordered. The whole thing just sucks.

Back
Top Bottom