I think my hen is egg bound.

Hannahnic14

Crowing
Apr 29, 2021
Middle Tennessee
I found this girl yesterday evening standing hunched over by the coop. I brought her in, gave her 1200mg of calcium carbonate. (that's all I could find) No egg, I gave her another tablet about an hour ago, still no egg. I soaked her bottom in warm water for about 15 minutes, still no egg. I can feel a firm lump under her belly.

Anything else I can do but wait? She is eating, drinking, and actually pooping. Poop was water last night but solid this morning.

She's 6-7 months old.
20211130_092216.jpg
16382859523848888321481120696733.jpg

Last edited:
Still no egg. Pooping weird greenish poops. Eating and drinking.
I just had this problem. I gave her a calcium pill, and after that every day, she got better and better. Try giving her a warm Epson salt bath, it Should help. she should feel better if you give her the pill. 1 pill a day is good enough, you don’t really want to be poisoning her. If she doesn’t feel any better, and I mean ANY better, like 0% or if she feels worse, try giving her another calcium pill. My chicken, after I gave her the pill, felt a bit better the next day. Not a bin improvement or anything, but she was better. At least with my chicken, I just have her 1 pill, and now she’s almost back to normal

I just had this problem. I gave her a calcium pill, and after that every day, she got better and better. Try giving her a warm Epson salt bath, it Should help. she should feel better if you give her the pill. 1 pill a day is good enough, you don’t really want to be poisoning her. If she doesn’t feel any better, and I mean ANY better, like 0% or if she feels worse, try giving her another calcium pill. My chicken, after I gave her the pill, felt a bit better the next day. Not a bin improvement or anything, but she was better. At least with my chicken, I just have her 1 pill, and now she’s almost back to normal
It feels like the egg has moved further back towards her vent. But other than that no change.

Back
Top Bottom