I think my pigeon had a mate before I bought him?

Honestly he is my older sister's pigeon but she doesn't have a place to keep him so he is at my house for now.

But anyways, he is a young German Pigeon Owl. And mean? I guess would be the word?

He has always been like this, even before we bought him. He was in a small cage with other birds at the feed store where we got him. He was chasing the others birds. My sister liked his "sass" so she bought him.

Fast forward to now, about almost 2 years later. He still chases, pecks, and wing slaps the other birds (who are all female, two ringneck doves and the other a frill back pigeon).

Just recently we came up with the idea that maybe he had a mate before we bought him or maybe even before being sent to the feed store. We thought that since pigeons mate for life he is defending his area and waiting for his mate to come?

That's just a theory, though... I don't really know what to do. We keep him separated from the other birds (his cage is still right next to theirs though).

I just want him to be happy and get along...

Any advice, facts, comments, or questions?
Could be jealousy I got my pet fantail a mate and he beat the hell out of her I figured out he saw me as competition and backed off and he calmed down and is sweet as pie to her for some reason pigeons become wife beaters if they think someone else is interested

Back
Top Bottom