I think my tom has amorous intentions towards me

Parrotchick

Songster
10 Years
Nov 13, 2009
Boonsboro MD
I have a Muscovy drake that I've had since he was a few days old and he's always enjoyed sitting on my lap. Of my 54 outside birds, he's the only one that I can actually cuddle. Today while I was waiting for duck pools to fill, I sat on the ground with Ivan on my lap, where he wagged his tail and nipped my coat-sometimes he has amorous intentions too.

Well, Tom the Bourbon Red turkey happened to be standing nearby taking all this in. Ivan got off my lap and you could see the wheels in Tom's head turning, since he apparently never considered me as a possible hen in his harem. One of my leg's was straight out in front of me, the other bent. He stuck his foot on my tall rubber boot but didn't seem to feel right with that. He moved up to my thigh, decided against that, and walked behind my back, wondering if he could make his move that way. He tasted my hair but realized my back was much too vertical, so he came back around front. He stepped up on my lap but then didn't know what to do next. So he nipped at my coat zipper and a clip on my glove. He had to save face I guess. His head was changing colors back and forth-I wonder if the red in his case meant he was embarrassed. I finally had to get up to finish the chores but I could tell that he was still contemplating how to make it work.

I have a drake, one sheep wether, a boy llama and boy parrot who are all romantically interested in me. I never thought I was all that but gadzooks! I can see where the barnyard jokes could fly.

youre tom needs to meet my hen
lol.png

Methinks you may be right...I have had a tom turkey follow me all over the place, but thankfully never got that close! My bull calf gets real close, nuzzling my leg, but we'll be getting him a girlfriend soon enough. Seems like it doesn't matter what species it is...a male is a male is a male!
hide.gif
sorry guys!

Maybe you need to dress down a little, no makeup and let your hair go uncombed. And don't turn your back on him!

I personally refuse to date outside of my own species after that one time. But we're divorced now.

lol...she may be wearing makeup when out with the critters, but I pretty much roll out of bed & into the overalls to do the chores in. No makeup, no frilly duds for me!
gig.gif

...and I sure don't turn my back on the baby bull!

Last edited:
Defintely had the overalls on! And all bulked up-it was 26 degrees! It was only because I had so many layers on that I was able to sit on the cold ground holding a duck and flirting with a turkey! In fact I think the duck likes it even more when I'm wearing my down coat-or he thinks it might be someone he knows.

It's a good thing I don't have my 1980's big hair anymore with the cherry red lipstick-he might have thought I was the competition and his intent toward me would be far from amorous!

Back
Top Bottom