I think Popcorn is sick

Hey @The Chick Addict thanks for checking up on us!!

The day after the last posting, Popcorn & Noodle got into a big fight. Noodle had wounds on his comb & waddle and Popcorn had a cut just above his eye, all over his comb & waddles, and was missing feathers; he looked horrible. We decided not to separate them, just spent the next two days in there "promoting peace", by giving treats when they were near each other and distracting "face-offs". Crazin also seems to act like he's playing peacemaker on a daily basis since then.

I never saw anything in Popcorn's throat so I was hesitant to give antibiotics, but I did clean & treat his & Noodle's wound areas. They both still get random wounds but have healed from the incident and Popcorn's face/head is no longer swollen, he just has a slight scar where the cut was near his eye.

Everyone got vitamins in their water & I put some red pepper flakes or oregano periodically in their water, they seem to like it.:confused:

No one else seemed to develop any swelling or 'pox' looking things, and I guess we caught Popcorn's symptoms really early since it went away so fast, it took him longer to heal from the fight!

I'm still monitoring but I think we dodged a bullet!:fl
That's great!!! Yes, I do think you dodged that bullet! I forgot to add that Popcorn seemed to have a very mild case and that it would be best to start with the vitamins and apple cider vinegar added to the water and just treat his scabs. Sounds like you did a great job and I'm glad your flock is doing well! :wee 💚

Lol, I'll admit I'm a little crazy/unorthodox but hey, it worked so far, they still tolerate each other enough to live together semi-peacefully without murdering each other. :yesss: 3 roosters (1 wild) and 11 hens with a human mama who doesn't even know how to take care of herself, let alone all these animals; I'LL TAKE IT! ☮️💕🐔:wee

Back
Top Bottom