I think the New BYC may have just won me over.

ICallMyselfCherie'

Songster
9 Years
Apr 26, 2010
Sacramento-3 Chicken Yrs
Yes, I have some issues with the New BYC. It's less intuitive, there's that irritating breed review feature on the side, and it's just plain different.

But -- now UNLIMITED pm's for everyone.

Thank the BYC gods.
bow.gif

I think that's one of my favorite changes, too. Very useful. The new private message 'thread' design is pretty cool as well.

I like that feature too!!! I hate that the smiley box opens right on top of the message you are trying to type and you cannot insert smilies where you want to. Is there a way to move that box? It doesn't seem to want to drag over....

What you do is move your cursor to where you want to insert a smiley and then click the smiley option. The box will open and you click the smiley you want inserted and it will insert the smiley at the position marked by the cursor.

Last edited:
What you do is move your cursor to where you want to insert a smiley and then click the smiley option. The box will open and you click the smiley you want inserted and it will insert the smiley at the position marked by the cursor.

Yeah. What kstaven said.

I also like the PM threads. VERY cool. I get distracted sometimes, composing good replies, walk away from the computer to get my cup of coffee, say.... find something else to do in that room, come back and oh crud, I've forgotten what I was going to say -what WAS the message? Well, now the original post is right there without my having to quote to see it again!

I get distracted sometimes, composing good replies, walk away from the computer to get my cup of coffee, say.... find something else to do in that room, come back and oh crud, I've forgotten what I was going to say -what WAS the message? Well, now the original post is right there without my having to quote to see it again!
Linda,

Are we related? I swear we must be.

I absolutely hated the old PM system. Always searching back to remember a conversation that was 50 pm's back. With the volume mods receive it was a real pain. We may have glitches that have to be resolved because the move was forced but I'll still take this system over what we had.

Back
Top Bottom