I think the New BYC may have just won me over.

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by ICallMyselfCherie', Jan 14, 2012.

1. ICallMyselfCherie'

ICallMyselfCherie' Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes, I have some issues with the New BYC. It's less intuitive, there's that irritating breed review feature on the side, and it's just plain different.

But -- now UNLIMITED pm's for everyone.

Thank the BYC gods. [​IMG]

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    I think that's one of my favorite changes, too. Very useful. The new private message 'thread' design is pretty cool as well.

1 person likes this.
  3. un-named

un-named Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2010
    I like that feature too!!! I hate that the smiley box opens right on top of the message you are trying to type and you cannot insert smilies where you want to. Is there a way to move that box? It doesn't seem to want to drag over....

4. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    What you do is move your cursor to where you want to insert a smiley and then click the smiley option. The box will open and you click the smiley you want inserted and it will insert the smiley at the position marked by the cursor.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Yeah. What kstaven said.

I also like the PM threads. VERY cool. I get distracted sometimes, composing good replies, walk away from the computer to get my cup of coffee, say.... find something else to do in that room, come back and oh crud, I've forgotten what I was going to say -what WAS the message? Well, now the original post is right there without my having to quote to see it again!

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Linda,

Are we related? I swear we must be.

7. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    I absolutely hated the old PM system. Always searching back to remember a conversation that was 50 pm's back. With the volume mods receive it was a real pain. We may have glitches that have to be resolved because the move was forced but I'll still take this system over what we had.

8. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Did you guys figure out you can group PM now? It's way cool!

9. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    That was a feature we saw requested a LOT on the "old BYC." So glad this new platform was able to provide it for you guys!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by