I think we made someone's year...New Year's Eve miracle

cottagegarden

Eggistentialist
11 Years
Oct 2, 2008
SE PA
It was shaping up to be a pretty rough day here today. The youngest has croup, so no one has slept for two day the oldest need to get a tooth pulled b/c her baby teeth was causing an abscess. We have had 50mph winds and on the way out the door we noticed the electric service line had dropped from the pole and was down across DH's car and dropped down and thru the paddock in front of the barn when they horses were, giving it the curious eye. Luckily the electrician could tack it back up, but not fix it today. The wind, however, is taking its tolls on the trees and pasture fencing. While we were assessing the damage we saw something small and odd colored at the farthest end of our property. IT WAS A DOG!!!
AND HE WAS TOTALLY ENTANGLED IN THE BRAMBLES!! Since it was bitter cold we just would not have been outside and there is no way we would have seen him that far from the house. So we get this poor little Sheltie loose from all the prickers and he has no name tag, but vet tags and the vet gives us the owners name. The owner was in shock when we called her-the dog has been missing for 5 weeks!! She couldnt even talk, she was just stunned--She had pretty much given up hope of ever seeing him again. When they came to get him he was sorta confused at first and then went nuts with excitement, jumping and kissing them. Much happy crying. She said they had been calling the SPCA every other day to see if anyone turned him in and that their granddaughter asked about him every single day to see if he was home yet. I just feel so grateful we were there to help them and put their family back together!!It took my breath away!We made their wish come true.
Wishing you all a joyful and prosperous 2009~

What a great story for the New Year!!
hugs.gif
to you for helping the poor little dear.... I bet they were thrilled!

What a wonderful ending to something that could have ended so sadly...The Lord works in mysterious ways indeed
hugs.gif
to you all for saving that little dog...... a fantastic ending to 2008....

What a beautiful story. Bless you for checking something that appeared to be amiss, even when it would have been easier to go inside where it was safe and warm.

May you and your family have as happy a new year as you provided to the dog's owners.

Quote:
Exactly!! We were just going to shut off that pasture since the fencing was down and we were busy with holiday stuff and sick kiddos it would have been a few days til we got back there to fix it. Its so cold and he was really trapped and it could have had a different ending
but he WAS meant to be found!! His little doggie guardian angel was looking out for him!!
I am just sooooooooo happy I wanted to share..........

Back
Top Bottom