I thought chickens layed eggs at 6 months?

Best thing to probably do is see if another chicken is starting the whole thing and try to fix the pecking order like said above. My concern with just giving her head and neck protection is it probably won’t stop the others from picking on her and they might start to pull feathers from and pick on her body.

while she is with your silkies, if you have space, try putting something like a bicycle tire down with some nesting materials in it. takes up a little less space and has some more placement options than another nesting box since you don’t have room for another. My goats have some old bicycle tires to play with and on a few occasions my pekins decided that they should lay their eggs in them. There wasn’t even nesting material in them, just a tire on dirt.

Nov. 18, 2020 Mrs. Peeps A Lot and many others hatched out of their little silky chicken eggs. Nov. 21, 2020 They keets killed all but, 3 chicks on accident. July 10, 2020 The remaining chicks Mrs. Peeps A Lot, Little Jimmy, and Princess Peach went to live with their broody mama. Aug 14-15 Mama Greasy hatched out Little Debbie the barred silky and Midnight the silky rooster. Today its been way over 6 months where is my silky chicken eggs?
Every chicken is different!!!

No, it's just until her wound is healed. I have like 6 carriers for that reason. Always useful to have
Best thing to probably do is see if another chicken is starting the whole thing and try to fix the pecking order like said above. My concern with just giving her head and neck protection is it probably won’t stop the others from picking on her and they might start to pull feathers from and pick on her body.

while she is with your silkies, if you have space, try putting something like a bicycle tire down with some nesting materials in it. takes up a little less space and has some more placement options than another nesting box since you don’t have room for another. My goats have some old bicycle tires to play with and on a few occasions my pekins decided that they should lay their eggs in them. There wasn’t even nesting material in them, just a tire on dirt.
Is there a "ringleader?" Does one of the chickens start the bullying? You can try separating that one for a while to reset the pecking order.
The woud is healed its just the feathers and they all team up on her

You could try things to ease the intensity of conflicts. Some examples are more space, more ways to get out of sight (things to climb on or under or go behind), provide more opportunities to scratch, dust bath, sun bath, perch, peck at... Also, it wouldn't hurt to check their diet and feeding and watering systems.

Back
Top Bottom