I told my dad to pick up an external hard drive...

Chickerdoodle13

The truth is out there...
12 Years
Mar 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
...because he wants me to back up his computer so I can re-format it. I figure external hard drives are cheap enough and you can get 500 gigs for like $60. He comes home with a 2TB hard drive! He's not a computer person, but the people at best Buy must have told him that was one of the largest they had. Just goes to show my dad is a typical guy who believes "bigger is better"!

ep.gif
Wonder how much THAT was!??!?!

Sorry, but that so reminds me of my Dad I have to tell a story.
About 20 years ago my parents were visiting us. I was working long hours and could never get to the feed store before it closed so I asked my dad to go for me to pick up some hay for my goat's pen. Those good ol' boys at the co-op must have seen my city slicker dad coming. He asked for hay for my goat. They wanted to know what kind of hay. He told them he didn't know one hay from another, but knew I wanted it for my goat's pen and that my goat was a much loved pet. They sold him alfalfa.
I came home and didn't see the bale of hay so I asked Dad about it. He said he'd already spread it out in the goat's pen for me - was quite proud of himself too. I went right out to the goat's pen and found very very little alfalfa left and one very bloated goat.
roll.png

Quote:
a 2tb would be about $240 here in Ontario ... just a ball park

I have NO idea how much it was, but I can only imagine. I've been too afraid to ask! I didn't open it because I haven't had a chance to talk to him due to work. I'll let him know that if he wants to return it and get the smaller one for less, that would be ok!

I remember back when I bought my 60 gig hard drive. It was like $130 and was considered large for it's time. A TB is absolutely HUGE, but I'm sure in a couple years it will also be considered small!

Quote:
a 2tb would be about $240 here in Ontario ... just a ball park

I have NO idea how much it was, but I can only imagine. I've been too afraid to ask! I didn't open it because I haven't had a chance to talk to him due to work. I'll let him know that if he wants to return it and get the smaller one for less, that would be ok!

I remember back when I bought my 60 gig hard drive. It was like $130 and was considered large for it's time. A TB is absolutely HUGE, but I'm sure in a couple years it will also be considered small!

I just bought a 1TB and it was 120 $

Quote:
Sigh... My first ever hard drive was a mere forty megabytes and cost four times that.

I just bought a sixteen gigabyte chip for my phone that cost a quarter of what that long-ago forty meg drive cost.

Back
Top Bottom