I took in another one

That right there is why I would never breed and sell dogs or cats, one person comes in and buys it and they seem normal they then hand it over to another person who doesn't want it and treats it bad, Poor Dog. Thank God there are people like you who will step in and "rescue" these poor helpless animals.
I have always wanted a Buff Cocker but as of yet haven't for one reason or another he's Beautiful! Can't wait to see the after pictures! Thank you for helping the helpless!

People disgust me how they treat animals.. He needs lots of work, definitely.. Since he's never been groomed, he's not going to understand any of it and will fight it.. Cockers can be very resentful if they have a bad experience.. Take your time with him and try to make the grooming process as pleasant as possible, praising him when he does good.. Or you can take him to a groomer that you can trust and have the completely shave him, head to foot.. Either way, he needs all of that taken off so you can start with a new, clean coat.. Then you can get him used to the whole idea of brushing and having a regular cocker haircut.. Or you can just keep him shaved short.. Its called a sports cut..

Also, don't forget to ask if he's had any shots and get those covered..

Here are Sandy (stray who we took in last week) and ???? who we took in yesterday. (Please excuse ???? hair cut. He was a matted bitting mess and I did the best I could. )
newdogs_002.jpg

newdogs_005.jpg

newdogs_006.jpg

newdogs_009.jpg

And Sandy gets to sleep with Loren because she is soooo good!!!!

sandy9_08_004.jpg

I will be making a vet apt. for ???? to have his "Brain Surgery" so he can sleep with us in the house (and not in a crate) some day too.

P.S. ???? could use a name, but we can't think of one.

He had shots when he was 8 weeks old given by the breeder. That is all.

I worked on grooming him yesterday and today and I got a muzzel today. I got his nails done and his feet shaved out. They had matted stickers in them. So, he is now a "tenderfoot", but I am sure he feels better over all.

No, don't worry about how the haircut looks.. You did a great job getting that mess off of him.. I'm sure he feels ten times better now.. Mats in the feet and like rocks in our shoes.. He looks great and very happy already.. Look at that smile in the third pic.. You're doing a great job with this handsome guy..

As for a name, he looks like a Jacob to me..

David caved in to the name Dusty. Loren told him he could be called “Dusty Bottoms” after the man in “The Three Amigos” because I call Sandy “Sandy Pants” all the time. So as of last night, his name is Dusty. That may change though.

i like dusty, you are also an amazing person for doing what you did and i hope then when i hopefully get done with vet school i can do exactly what you did(hopefully because i have to be accepted first
lol.png
)

I always wonder what an animal thinks when they go from a bad situation to a great one. He looks happy, and what a very lucky dog to be with you!

I feel for you. My husband wasn't raised in a house with a bunch of animals so he is freaking out with our current "herd."

I don't understand people who breed their dogs to sell them. There are SOOO many purebreds in the pound!

Back
Top Bottom