I wanna get a bunny! Questions...

<3ChickenForever :

Quote:
How little are you thinking? And sorry I didn't get back to you.

Ok so i am a rabbit breeder and i would say the best breed to get as a first time rabbit has to be either the Holland lop, Dutch, Or Mini Rex they are all great tempered breeds and are quite friendly. The cages if you get hutches probably run fro $45 up and for just metal cages probably $10 up. As i said i am a rabbit breeder and i have had the most sucesess with these breeds.....Feel Free to stop by my site.......I haven't updated it recently but it just shows the main stuff. http://riversiderabbitry.webs.com

Quote:
How little are you thinking? And sorry I didn't get back to you.

Ok so i am a rabbit breeder and i would say the best breed to get as a first time rabbit has to be either the Holland lop, Dutch, Or Mini Rex they are all great tempered breeds and are quite friendly. The cages if you get hutches probably run fro $45 up and for just metal cages probably $10 up. As i said i am a rabbit breeder and i have had the most sucesess with these breeds.....Feel Free to stop by my site.......I haven't updated it recently but it just shows the main stuff. http://riversiderabbitry.webs.com

Thank you very much!
smile.png

I'm thinking of getting an angora rabbit sometime at the beginning of next year, and I was wondering if they are relatively loud. I have had a blue-fronted amazon parrot in my house before and THAT was loud, so I was wondering how loud a rabbit was compared to that.
smile.png
Thanks.

i was always told that alfalfa was ok for a bunny up untill the age of like 4 months or somthing then to sstop jsut becuase of how fattening it is? hum well lots of differant reasons to nOT feed alfalfa

We were feeding high calcium (not knowing) Alfalfa-based store brand pellets and it made the rabbits have white urine. We switched to Purina Show and so far much better. That's all I really can say about Alfalfa from experience.

CYG

Haha, our female Elop is loud...for a bunny. She does not hesitate to tell you if the lights are too bright, if she doesn't *want* to go back in her cage yet, when she is unhappy at being scolded for trying to eat something she shouldn't, etc, with one of the loudest thumps I've ever heard from a bunny. That's one of the things I love about rabbits though. They have some spunk and will 'talk' back to you. She also grunts slowly if upset about not getting her pellets on time, and grunts softly if she is showing affection. She also is in love with a jingle ball and does not mind playing with it at 3am. Oh, and she loves shredding paper pretty loudly. But then our male is a typical buck. You could live in the house for a week and not even know we had a rabbit he is so quiet, chill, non-destructive. Never heard him grunt, only kind of whiffle when excited about coming out to play. In general, rabbits are very quiet animals.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom