I wanna See Your Mutts and Crosses!

Here is my "dirty white bird" named Cooper. I want to know his crosses because he is actually getting prettier every day.
He is about 12 weeks old in this picture:

10160_dscn1655.jpg

Here's a few more Mutts.....

chicks001-1.jpg

Above Sherbert, a roo, he's been crowing...Sort of
lol.png

chicks002.jpg

Above Stripe, a roo, think we need to change his name....he looks more like a paint experiment
tongue.png

chicks003-1.jpg

Above is Nugget, the only girl from the chicks....

Getting a few Dark Brahma chicks in a month, Should be interesting if I can keep the Roos

Quote:
i DONT KNOW BUT HE'S GORGEOUS! MY BOYFRIEND WOULD LOVE HIM! I WOULD GUESS SOME GAME OR AMERICAUNA AND RIR OR NH RED????

WHAT BEATIFUL MUTTS EVERYONE HAS!

Here are pics of two of the four crosses I hatched out (sold them all) These two are two of the girls, pics I had on photobucket. I have no internet access at home at the moment so cannot get to the other pics of the other two.

These are from Hatchery Rhode Island Red hens and a Splash Silkie cock.
7208045.jpg

7208046.jpg

I hatched these two girls, who looked identical, and one other female dark blue with a darker head and gold neck feathers. The cockerel was dark blue with dark head and gold wing bows and gold/red neck feathers.
They were all crested and bearded and had 5 toes and black skin. All had moderate leg feathering.

Ok here is my other mutt "Bubby" who is 3 weeks old. I "think" his dad was a silver Ameraucana and mom is either a different Ameraucana color or a Wellsummer. He is an onery troublemaker and the fearless leader of 9 D'Uccles. He is also very people friendly and likes to nestle in my hair and sing to me. I sure hope he is a she...

10160_avatar0034.jpg

Wow I love those mutts!! Here's mine-- since this pic was taken colors have brightened and the comb and wattles have turned redder and grown-- maybe this one's a roo !
Vicki

8040_icechicke.jpg

8040_icechick1b.jpg

Quote:
Thank you very much! I think everyone here has some great looking xbreeds.

Lou, our Jersey Black Giant, is the only one of our hens to ever go broody. So she has a new family of 5 chicks this year. None of the chicks are from our flock, because the eggs she had under her didn't hatch. So we got the chicks as day olds from a nearby farm friend. Lou is raising Cuckoo Maran, Cochin, and Cuckoo Maran-Cochin mix chicks.

They were a week old yesterday... Here they are in the portable broody nest box we have in our laundry/mud room.

Louwithchicksb22Jul2008.jpg

This is Bloodhead, a Cuckoo Marans/White Leghorn cross.....(survived attack at hatch, has scars and mis-shapen head but otherwise fine now)

P1080597.jpg

Who knows about this one? I think dad is silkie, and mom is something? I can only tell the cuckoo marans and leghorn mix eggs - no idea what mix this one is?

mixnitup-1.jpg

Silkie mixes - father could be Silkie, Jersey Giant, or Cuckoo Marans.

P1080500-1.jpg

P1080578.jpg

Last edited:
These are chicks I recently hatched from eggs collected from a mixed flock including Australorps, Easter Eggers, Rhode Island Reds, Barred Rocks, Buff Orpingtons...

img9199cropnd4.jpg

img9200cropcg4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom