I want a Roomba!!!!!!!!

I love my Roomba - totally.
I have had battery problems with the first one I got (four years ago now) and they replaced it for free. They ended up doing this twice now in the 4 years.

I got the Scoomba as a gift, but Freecycled it because it needs floors with no grout lines or cracks and I have old and craggy wood floors in most parts of the house that aren't tiled... The soap was never fully cleaned off the floor.

Also, the Scoomba has a very small receptacle for dust. I felt like if I were to really use it I would have to either vacuum or Roomba the floors first, then start up the Scoomba afterwards. Too much of a pain for me.

With 3 dogs and a cat and boys who never remember to take off their shoes while in the house I use it just about every other day. Go out for a run while it is doing it's thing, and barefoot I can walk when I get home! I LOVE walking barefoot but feel every little dirt speck. The Roomba helps with this "princess feet" problem, as the DH calls it. Great invention. Dogs and cat don't mind it, but the Macaw hates it, so I have to show her that I blockade off her area from it's roving ways....

Who knew I'd have this much to say about this thing??

We got one as a housewarming gift (since we wanted one).

It has it's ups and downs. It's loud and it can miss spots, but it's nice when you have a shedding dog!

Would be best to turn it on when you are leaving the house.

We got my mom one about two years ago, the thing is still chugging along, vacuuming the floor one little circle at a time.

It's pretty funny after a few drinks to screw with the roomba and put it in impossible situations, then watch it bang it's head against the wall over and over and over.

I guess you had to be there.

Ours sucks. Well I guess in our case, it doesn't. Ours has never worked well. We called and they were gonna ship us a new "brain" but we still haven't got it. I thought they meant for the Roomba but now I am not sure just what was meant by sending me a new brain.
I think we will just use it in the He-Man Frisbee games. Good to know everyone else's does fine. Well not really it actually makes me feel worse.

I've heard of stories of dogs attacking the roomba. People have been advised to scold the roomba in front of the dog to make the dog feel better about it.

Bad, Bad Roomba! Now go back to your corner!!!!
gig.gif

I'm very happy to see this thread...I have two shedding dogs and I have been wanting one for years. We have mostly tile floors with a few throw rugs here and there. If the thing would just keep the dog hair picked up I would be very happy.

I think momma's going to ask for a Roomba for Christmas.

I want a Roomba!!!!!!!!

Hey... I said it first!
wee.gif
(See the "I Wish" thread... I was gonna quote the url, but there are far too many freakin pages to search for my little post)

Quote:
gig.gif

I had one a couple of years ago, bought it for myself with some Christmas money. I liked it but found that the prep time was too annoying. I had to make sure there were no exposed cords or cables that it could suck up, make sure there were no Lego pieces or other small toys under any pieces of furniture, had to pick up the dogs' water dishes, had to supervise it on my braided rugs and make sure it didn't get stuck on an edge, etc. I wound up selling mine on Craigslist.

Back
Top Bottom