I Want to Know More About Khaki Campbell Ducks

The only thing I can think you mean by "make you the drake" is sometimes they will just come plop themselves down in front of you and get into mating position. It's not really a problem, just means you get to pet them more. At least that's how it is with mine.

The only thing I can think you mean by "make you the drake" is sometimes they will just come plop themselves down in front of you and get into mating position. It's not really a problem, just means you get to pet them more. At least that's how it is with mine.
Ah, ok I have heard of that before with imprinted ducks. Personally I'd rather have that than overmating concerns. My own ducks have never done that, however.

I'm not sure what you mean by, "make you the drake," but I have an all female flock and I have never had any issues. I strongly prefer an all female flock.
well hey don't make you the drake but I've heard of times where they will try to treat you has the drake and it can be creepy and weird sorry for the confusion.

i meant they'll treat you as a drake sometimes or at least I've heard of it before.

Sometimes if you touch them they might shudder and do the "He loves ME!!!" thing like a little love sick duck with no boyfriend. It's just creepy! But not all ducks are like that.

can i keep ducklings in an outside coop or do they have to be inside?
It's best for them to be in a draft free room where predators can't get to them. They should do just fine outside after they get permanent or even juvenile feathers. This time of year is not going to be a bad time for having them outside but it's just safer inside.

Sometimes if you touch them they might shudder and do the "He loves ME!!!" thing like a little love sick duck with no boyfriend. It's just creepy! But not all ducks are like that.

It's best for them to be in a draft free room where predators can't get to them. They should do just fine outside after they get permanent or even juvenile feathers. This time of year is not going to be a bad time for having them outside but it's just safer inside.
thank you! I think I'll start with ducks and see later if a drake is a good idea

I actually started out not wanting ducks - I wanted chickens, and my husband said if we were getting chickens, he wanted ducks too. So we got our first pair of sister Khakis - we had hen for a few years before we got a male and they did well just together, but they enjoyed their rescued partner. I fell in love with those girls (Chiquita and Papaya) and they were so nice! Clicker training helped with lot of things with my most recent pair and doing it from the time they were little helped build a stronger bond I think. Remember, one ducky usually gets lonely. Good to at least have a friend :) pardon me my phone keyboard is not letting me type well today

I actually started out not wanting ducks - I wanted chickens, and my husband said if we were getting chickens, he wanted ducks too. So we got our first pair of sister Khakis - we had hen for a few years before we got a male and they did well just together, but they enjoyed their rescued partner. I fell in love with those girls (Chiquita and Papaya) and they were so nice! Clicker training helped with lot of things with my most recent pair and doing it from the time they were little helped build a stronger bond I think. Remember, one ducky usually gets lonely. Good to at least have a friend :) pardon me my phone keyboard is not letting me type well today
ok thank you! I'll look at clicker training! and don't worry about your keyboard haha i understand you just fine!

Back
Top Bottom