I want to see your Murray McMurray hatchery stock Giant Cochins!

LMEggs

Show Me Feathers Poultry CO
11 Years
May 4, 2008
I know a guy that is selling murray McMurray hacthery stock giant cochin partridges and they are so hard to find around here... I didn't much want hatchery stock but if they are decent enough to work with even... And hes a bit far out and no pictures to see so its go or no go. Soo I wanna see the quality of Giant Cochins from MM!

I wasn't sure where exactly to post this so...

Here are the Giant Partridge Cochins I got from Murray McMurray.

38371_11172009_159.jpg

38371_11172009_161.jpg

Quote:
Ya I believe it is Large Fowl.. I think it is one of those Hatchery term to make them sound bigger or better than the standard Large Fowl..
To me there not that a "Giant" as far as Cochins go..
wink.png

Chris

Giant and standard are the same thing. IMO Partridge cohcins still need alot of work. The ones I had, and sold, had gorgeous coloring, but the leg feathering left much to be desired. I still have one partridge roo (from a breeder) and he is HUGE. But again- the inside of his legs are naked. I had to get 3 BBS girls from Meyer (MPC) because I had way too many roos. One of them ended up with crazy color- almost black-laced-blue.

28521_brooke3.jpg

I'm going to ask ABA/APA judge Matt Lhamon who he thinks has the best LF Part Cochins. He used to breed them, and may have some now. I'll get back to you when I hear.

I saw some GIANT cochins at our county fair this year. They were far bigger than any of the other standard variety chickens.
ep.gif
GORGEOUS! I don't know where they came from, but most people around these parts just have hatchery birds...

I ordered blue standards from MM this spring. out of 10 I have two nice ones the rest are ok but lack leg feathering. I bought some roos with massive feathering so hopefully this willl improve.

Back
Top Bottom