wendy

On the Hill
12 Years
Jun 14, 2007
central louisiana
August

*Two moons on August 27*

*Aug 27 the Whole World is waiting for...*

Planet Mars will be the brightest in the night sky starting August.

It will look as large as the full moon to the naked eye. This will
cultivate on Aug. 27 when Mars comes within 34.65M miles of earth. Be sure
to watch the sky on Aug. 27 12:30 am. It will look like the earth has 2
moons. The next time Mars may come this close is in 2287.

Share this with your friends as NO ONE ALIVE TODAY will ever see it again.

Last edited:
Quote:
sorry i did not check this out. who sends out this bogus stuff? i mean this kind of thing i would not double check. i am going to email our weather guy so maybe he can annouce it is bogus
barnie.gif
i sent this to everyone in my address book
he.gif
:he

Thanks for telling us. I forsure will be looking at the sky to see our closest planet and our moon in rotation I can't wait to see . A really neat thing especially for the kids. will we be looking eastern or western northern or southern for best views? I am in central florida. thanks for noting this for us,
cool.png

Quote:
ohbejoyful says this is fake, it is on snopes, i am going to contact my weatherman to see, they will know and i will ask which direction to look and let yall know
big_smile.png

http://www.wunderground.com/sky/index.asp
Enter your zip code and time and it will tell you where stuff is.
Mars' closest approach to Earth in 60,000 years, on Aug. 27, 2003

Since mars is just a bit over twice as big as our moon, it would have to be pretty dang close to us to appear the same size as our moon, It would also have to cross through an asteroid belt to get here.

Im glad your post is Not correct, that would scare the crap outa me if I ever saw it that close
lol.png

Oh and BTW on aug. 27 2003 I was looking through a telescope at... guess what haha, was pretty cool.
Most people would'nt know it was a planet, with the naked eye, unless they had been told Or unless you keep up on that sorta thing.

Last edited:
Mars will look red and you can see it with the naked eye. You can also use binoculars if you don't have a telescope.
It is not a myth, though, to have 2 full moons in one month.

darn, i was getting quite excited and had just printed this out for the fridge door!!!
I guess it is best that it is a myth, i love watching the sky too, day and night!!" not enough people look up! "
that is what a very handsome male nurse told me on the front lawn of the hospital on the eve of my dear daddy's passing!
So always look up!!!!
hugs
Helen

Back
Top Bottom