i WANTsome EGGS!! Dang it!

AllCoop'dUp

Songster
11 Years
May 12, 2010
Creswell, Oregon
I have 1 qty - 29wk old/ 4 qty - 28wk olds/ 3 qty- 24wk olds/ 7 qty- 18 wk olds and dang it if I'm only getting 1 or 2 eggs per day. Some days ZERO!! They are all on Flockraiser as I have mixed ages all together and can't feed them laying pellets. When I got my babies (now 8 weeks old) each of the older girls took turns going broody, but I didn't let them set. So...don't you think with 14 girls all laying age I should be getting more than 0-3 eggs per day?? I mean come on...I go through 50 pounds of feed a week for my flock of 66. Am I not feeding them enough in addition to their free ranging and treats? Any ideas??

You are also providing them crushed oyster shell, free choice, right? Since you aren't feeding them a layer feed. (I don't feed layer feed to my flock for the exact same reason: too many different ages in the flock.)

At least your getting some! Be thankful. Some of us are still waiting.
wink.png

What breeds are they? I know with the sex-links, we get eggs everyday, but with others not so often, and they have to be older before they start laying.

Hang in there. We've only had 3 eggs in the last week. (3 total) from our 21 week old pullets.

I'm sure we will all get more soon (fingers crossed - tightly)

Wow...I guess I shouldn't complain. Yes, they get free choice oyster shell. Breeds: Dorking, Java, EE,SS, BO, Blue Andalusian, Light Brahmas . I also have 2 Cayuga ducks 24 wks old that haven't layed yet either!! In 8 weeks, I'll add layer pellets and keep my fingers crossed that someone will lay through the winter.
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom