I was rear-ended in my car yesterday

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Avalon1984, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    I am now OOOUUUWWWIIIIEEEEE-fied. Slightly sore, but thankfully not too much damage to the car or me. Why do people drive with flipflops? Don't they know they make your foot slip off the break???? [​IMG] Why, oh why do people always try to damage my brand new cars??????

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  2. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    'cause they are ignorant. hope you feel better soon

3. hennyannie

hennyannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    So sorry this has happened to you, hope you feel better soon. I know what you mean about the new car thing. Mine last new one got in a hail storm and then my moms shingles blew off and scratch up the paint.At least i was no longer waiting for the first scratch. LOL
    Oh and about those flip flops, I take mine off and drive bare footed. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  4. maple

maple Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    me too.

Sorry about your owies and your car. [​IMG]

5. Avalon1984

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    Quote:My husband does that too. [​IMG] I had the same thing happen though last winter when I had riding boots on. I was on my way to a lesson and some ice had gotten stuck on the boots. Sure enough, first time I had to stop was at a light and I tunked somebody. No damage on either cars though since I was going slow. This lady and her tank were still going a good 10-15mph. Almost kissed the windshield.

I bought a new truck a couple years ago and lord behold, the poor thing didn’t have a 100 miles on it when a deer jumped out in front of us. We had seen the herd earlier and slowed down, maybe going 10mph. Stupid thing ran right into our bumper, hit its head and died. Scary thing was that little buck left a big dent in my big new trucks bumper.

6. Avalon1984

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    Quote:I seriously have been in 3 accidents in the past 4 years and none of them were my fault. Once I got t-boned by a van where the lady just randomly turned left while I was passing her and she nearly pushed my car down the ditch. The somebody pushed me over the curb in the same car so I bought a different one since the car was never right after that. Now, on my new Prius this happened. Oh well, I’ll bring it to the dealership and have them check it over. This is so not my week.

7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Wow, you have bad luck with new cars. I'd buy a clunker and drive it around. Wait, I DO drive a clunker! Hope you feel better.

8. kevinhannan

kevinhannan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2011
    I do hope you don't have whiplash and that the insurance sorts things out quickly and favourably.

I got rear-ended 6 months ago and I'm still in pain.

9. Avalon1984

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    Quote:I hear you. I had a clunker for a while and did not get hit, but the darn thing kept falling apart on me. It cost me 5k within 2 months once and I swore I would only buy new after that. My husband has a 94 F-150 with close to 400,000 miles on it and it was only in one accident but that one wrecked it pretty good. Hopefully the unlucky streak will end soon…

10. Avalon1984

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    Quote:My back is a bit sore but it doesn't take much to get it sore these days. I got whiplash last year when I fell off my running horse and haven't been right since. I guess whats another dent here or there. I just made an appointment with the body shop. It is just weird that for such a big push there was hardly any damage. I hope there isn’t some doohickey under the bumper easing an impact that now needs replacing. I’ll find out this afternoon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by