I was thinking i might start shipping baby chicks. What do i need to do so :)

guineafowlguy

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 9, 2013
Like the title says I'm thinking about shipping chicks.

I have a brensia ova easy 180 and i get around 150 chicks every hatching. I been hatching ever since i bought it
jumpy.gif

I have been hatching anything i can get my hands on but i don't know that i can sell some of the breeds here (such as the rare breeds). At least not for what they are worth.
roll.png

They don't want to pay anything over a dollar for chicks around here. They would rather and go to the hatchery that i live next too. For sex links and other hatchery birds i might understand low prices......... but not for my rare breeds.

So what would i need.

Special box?

If they are older than a day i would have to provide food and such wouldn't I?

How do i keep them warm.

Edit: Also were would i buy the supplies

Thanks
big_smile.png

And one more goofy smiley for the fun of it
D.gif
: )

Last edited:
Rockinpaints sells grogel, 72 hour warmers and those little cups to put the grow gel in here: http://rockin-g-ranch.com/poultryproducts.html

You do need a special box for shipping. I think I have seen them at cutler supply (chick boxes). For anything older, you will need a horizon box. just google horizon box. You will want to ship express for older than day old. I prefer express for day olds also.

To ship chicks out of state you have to be NPIP certified, and there may be other licensures needed. I'm not sure. There is some red tape though when it comes to shipping live animals through the mail, across state lines.

Back
Top Bottom