I was told I have 30 days get rid of my hens...Help!

So my hubby just got off the phone with the code enforcers office...

Someone (most likely the college students behind us) called saying we had a rooster! Once we explained that we have them as pets for our son and that they are all girls, who are laying eggs, she cancelled the case! We let her know that we would be happy for her to come out and check to make sure there is no rooster if for some reason someone else complains.

Sorry for the drama I caused...I was just so worried and simply could not wait til monday to start researching. I also wanted to be as prepared as possible in case we did have to fight!

Thank you thank you thank you all for all the support!

Congratulations!
wee.gif
I hope you and your "pets" will have a long and fruitful life.
thumbsup.gif

Congratulations!! That's wonderful. I bet you are relieved. Most towns around here having zoning ordinances against chickens. When I was renting in town, I was amazed by how many people actually had chickens, even roosters, smack in the middle of town. My neighbor at the time, who turned his garage into a chicken coop, said the ZOE never checked or cared unless somebody called complaining.

YEAH!!!!
yippiechickie.gif
I'm so happy that you are able to keep your girls. Really nice to know there are several people in Butte county that have chickens. God Bless you all.

And Pam, I will stop by your winery. I love wine!! Thank you for asking.

Oh, I'm so glad.

And for what ever it's worth, mine have continued to mellow with age and now that they are 14 months old now, they are quieter than when they first started to lay. They do still cackle when they lay an egg but they stop after 3-4 minutes. And not much else gets them going.

So if people ask, you can tell them that they will mellow with age.

Back
Top Bottom