i was wrong on their age

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chickenbottom, Jun 11, 2009.

1. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Songster

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    From and including: Tuesday, January 13, 2009
    To, but not including : Thursday, June 11, 2009

It is 149 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date

Or 4 months, 29 days excluding the end date

Alternative time units
    149 days can be converted to one of these units:
    12,873,600 seconds
    214,560 minutes
    3576 hours
    21 weeks (rounded down) in 2 days they will be 22 weeks old and no eggs YET [​IMG]

2. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Songster

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    plus one day just notice that it didnt include today so they are 150 days old and will be 22 weeks saturday i do believe lol

3. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Sheesh, calm down! My girls started laying at 6 & 7 months. Count yourself lucky if yours start at 5. [​IMG]

4. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Songster

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    ya i am worked up on it just because i get at the most 2 eggs a day and sometimes 1 and or sometimes none i just really wanna start my egg selling buisness called HANNAH'S ORGANIC SCRAMBLERS

5. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    cute name! I want my new pullets to lay too-I have to wait for 2-3 more months-your lucky!!! good luck with your business=

6. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Songster

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    Quote:thank you and it took me about 5 months to come up with the name for my egg cartons

7. frogs n chickens

frogs n chickens Chirping

May 19, 2009
    valley springs, calif.
    I hear that some EE can take up to a year to begin laying. I hope mine start off slow otherwise my dw, son, and myself will be eating the eggs from 10 hens for breakfast , lunch and dinner. I sure do like the taste of fresh free range chicken eggs, but I don't wnt to get sick of them. I am sure I can find neighbors to help out.( I hope).

8. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    Yah, take it easy. It'll come.
    Im curious how you are verifying and assuring organic to your customers?

9. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Songster

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    well like store baught eggs i dont pump my chickens full of unwanted products. um also my chickens food is all natural they dont get anything that i wouldnt eat myself which is going to be on the label also besided the food made just for them ive tried it lol ya sounds weird but yea i have. um also if they want to come see my birds they are welcome to do so since im only selling localy to my neighbors and its just in close range. but im not to sure how im going to really display that

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  10. Sequin

Sequin Songster

May 20, 2008
    I hear that some EE can take up to a year to begin laying.

WHAT???!!!! That is InSane!!! I have never heard that before. I hope mine don't take that long. Thank goodness I have a few other breeds mixed in just in case of a case!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: