i will be getting silkie babies!!!!!

newchik715

Songster
10 Years
Aug 31, 2009
Washington
I will be getting silkies on the 17th of this month!!!!! I ordered them through the feed store! I am so excited!!!! that's 17 days away!!!!!! how will i ever wait that long?!?!?!?!?

oh i am soo excited. i have wanted silkies since i first saw a pic of one on here and asked what is that beautiful fluffy bird and where can i get one...or two...or six!!!!!

well, I got all good layers the first batch last year and then i have four good layers in the brooder now so two little silkies should not hurt considering i should have 8 that are picked specifically for egg laying......hubs okayed my two little silkies....he even picked white over all the other varieties. Guess I will have to learn to bathe a chicken!

Oh, silkie hens make great moms!!! They adopt other little chickeys too! Mine aren't bad at laying either. The eggs are smaller but I got 5-6 per week.
You will have to post some pics when they do arrive!

Where did you order from? I'm trying to find them in MD, but no luck. My first chicken was a Silkie hen, gone now, but lived a good 7 years. Never hatched her own eggs, but would always take over the Call Ducks nest. Hope you enjoy your silkies

You'll have to call them Sean & Patrick, Kaitlyn, Shamrock etc. Oooh if they are whites, you could dye them green for St.Pat's day. Just kidding I know the BYCers shoot people down for dyeing chicks.

Back
Top Bottom