I will never be nominated for Mother of the year Award thread

Quote:
I do the name thing all the time I add the dogs in there too all boys. They just wait till I get it right. Though Once I went thru the names and in frustration said 'pick a kid any kid' Q jumps up ' pick me'
My grandma did the name thing too she'd just call us Sis after awhile
My boys also do the hungry thing. ' I'm starving to death' is heard alot none have died yet.
smile.png

Ok, here's mine, (sigh). We have friends who are black, and we used to see them frequently. Or children were roughly the same ages, and they would play together. One night, we were at a large party at their house for the 1st birthday of their youngest, and we and two other families were the only white people there. My friend's whole family is there - parents, grandparents, etc. My friend brings her older daughter around to kiss everyone good night, which we all do. She brings her to my youngest, who was maybe three, who says, very loudly, and at the only silent part of the evening,"I can't kiss her! She's black!"

I don't really remember what happened after that.
th.gif

Lol-these are great!

I will never be nominated for Mother of the Year because

-One night when my daughter was a newborn, I got up and sat in a recliner to nurse her. I evidently fell asleep, and awoke to find that my precious baby had rolled down my legs and had only been stopped from falling to the floor by my feet, where she was sleeping peacefully.

-I carried my darling newborn son all bundled up in blankets to the car, and as I was about to put him in the car seat, discovered I'd been carrying him upside down the whole time.He never made a sound of protest, but I'm sure I scarred him for life.

-I left our twelve year-old daughter in downtown Detroit and realized it half way home. I had done a quick rear view mirror head count in the back seat and all were present. Unfortunately one head belonged to our son's friend, who I had forgotten was coming home with us to stay for the weekend and who happened to have about the same hair color as our daughter. Fortunately, our daughter was savvy enough to find HER friends and catch a ride back with their family. She called just about the time I was panicking.

-I let our two year old son wear his coat backward with his hood up over his face for an entire winter, because it was the only way I could get him to leave the house without a battle.Plus it was easier to keep track of him, since he always had to hold my hand because he couldn't see.
wink.png

-On the third trip to the emergency room in one year for one of our very adventurous sons, the doctors began to suspect abuse and asked me to step into the hallway so they could talk to my four year old. I could hear them ask him to describe to them what happened and that whatever he said would be ok. I couldn't help but snicker when I heard his answer ringing down the hall loud and clear-"Mommy told me I had to go to bed but I didn't want to so I snuck out of bed. I got up on the bathroom counter and fell off and hit my chin. Mommy told me not to climb on the counter because I would fall and get hurt and she was right.I did."

-I called the truant officer on my son when I heard from someone that they saw him walking down the road after we had had a battle about him going to school. Evidently he had walked in one door of the school and right out the other after he was dropped off, and no one at school noticed.Heh-he definitely noticed when the police car pulled up beside him.The only other day he ever skipped was Senior Skip Day.

-I was a mean mom who refused to let our children get their driver's licenses until they figured out how to pay for their own car insurance. The older children had to purchase their own vehicles, and the younger children were stuck driving an old family van until they could purchase a better vehicle on their own.The older children thought that it was unfair that the younger ones got the van, but the older children both had the chance to work in our family business and had their own firewood business on the side, while the younger ones had to drive to outside employment because we had closed the family business and moved by that point.They paid for insurance and we retained ownership of the van, and told them they would lose their driving privileges if they did not treat it with respect.I heard a number of teens bragging about wrecking the cars they had been given so they could get another one from their parents that they liked better.
hmm.png
Our children have treated their vehicles with respect because they have had to work hard to pay for them.It's not so fun to burn rubber when you know you will be the one who has to buy the next set of tires!

-I told the local police officers if they saw my kids breaking the law to be sure to administer the proper justice. One of my sons got stopped because he was going over the speed limit while he was testing his new bike on the road before he bothered to get his own plates for it, and got his bike impounded. Many people in town were feeling sorry for him because he is a good kid and they thought he should have gotten off with just a warning. Some even encouraged him to contest the ticket.When he tried to get sympathy from me, I simply told him if he wasn't speeding and riding without his own plates, the bike wouldn't have been impounded.I told him he knew that what he was doing was wrong when he did it, so why didn't he just man up, pay the fine, and get back to enjoying his bike legally.He grumbled a little, but that is what he did.He still thinks I'm wrong though.
wink.png

Two of my sons and their friend disappeared from our house in the middle of the night. I called everyone I could think of then drove around searching for them, and when I couldn't find them, waited up all night, frantic about their whereabouts. They came pulling in the drive on their bicycles at dawn, and told me they decided to ride about ten miles to the next town over to visit another friend to play video games and "didn't want to wake me" to let me know. I laid into all of them, friend included, and gave them a safety lecture they would never forget, including the gory TRUE account of what had happened to a friend of mine when I was their age (I will never forget the look of pure horror on my son's friend's face as I was telling him the details with tears just streaming down my face).I grounded my sons, and forbade the friend from staying over at our place for six months, after which he came back, apologized, and asked if he could come back over regularly again.Now I am the SCARY mom who will never get Mother of the Year.

Speaking of scary, lol, my son's girlfriends mother came up to me the other day, introduced herself, and told me when she told her daughter that she was going to introduce herself to me, her daughter said "Oh don't do that,Mommy, she's SCARY."

I boycotted school conferences after trying for several years to get my son's teachers to communicate more often throughout the year than just at conference time. I was only hearing about missed assignments, etc, after the fact, and being lectured about how I needed to be more involved, and how I needed to teach him more responsibility. I tried to point out the fact that if I wasn't aware of what assignments were supposed to be completed and when they were due, and what problems needed to be dealt with at school, there was no way I could do anything on the home front to help. I had tried emailing and calling the teachers throughout the year for updates and got no response by email or return calls. I asked for a conference with the teachers and principal and that still did not establish a line of communication.The teachers simply said to check their websites for assignments (I had, but most of them were seriously and continuously out of date), and that it was my SON'S duty to be more responsible. I decided if that was the case and it was my SON's duty, then I was not going to make myself available twice yearly for what amounted to a venting session.Let me add in defense of teachers that I KNOW they have a very hard job, because I was an education major at one point and a classroom volunteer, and I do appreciate their dedication and hard work. But I don't appreciate the "pass the buck" game when I, as a parent, was making attempts at trying to be involved.Not only will that not win me Mother of the Year, I will probably never be a PTA member either, let alone PTA president.:lol:But guess what?After two years of silence from my end, I now get some sort of communication from my son's teachers early, while the problem can be handled easily.Usually by promising my son that if he doesn't be responsible and take care of whatever the issue is, I will not buy a phone card for his girlfriend so she can text him.That's probably why she thinks I'm so "scary."
lol.png

Quote:
I do the name thing all the time I add the dogs in there too all boys. They just wait till I get it right. Though Once I went thru the names and in frustration said 'pick a kid any kid' Q jumps up ' pick me'
My grandma did the name thing too she'd just call us Sis after awhile
My boys also do the hungry thing. ' I'm starving to death' is heard alot none have died yet.
smile.png

Bwhahahaha!The name game! We did it too. Even called our sons by our female dog's name. Just got to the point where I would say "YOU know who you are-get over here NOW."

My sons are not boys anymore and still do the starving to death thing. They wait until the kitchen is clean, then mess it back up with their midnight snacks. They used to tell their friend's parents that I didn't feed them. Lol-I would tell the parents "Translation-there is no junk food in the house. They have to bike to the store to get it."
lol.png

Quote:
Yikes! Reminds me of the time my son walked up to my mother and said "Grandma, are you gonna have a baby or are you just fat?"

Quote:
My daughter just realized today that her son has soccer practice and a 4H meeting on the same day this week. He is going to have to go to half the soccer practice to make the 4H meeting. Her friend has five kids and she told me she doesn't know how she manages with a job and five kids in various sports. I just smiled and said "Now you know why you and your brothers were "only" allowed ONE sport or activity per year (we had five kids also, lol).

I have a good one. We used to live a mile from the bus stop so I had to drive them to it every morning and pick them up in the evening. There was only one other house anywhere on that road. Anyway, one evening I had just pulled in the road from town shopping to wait for them to get off the bus before I went home. As I am sitting there I see something brown in the road and realize that it is OUR jersey cow! Well the bus also turns on our road since we are the last stop, and I figure I will at least hear it while I am trying to get the cow who is stopping traffic out of the road. She heads further down the road at the sight of me. The wrong direction. She was normally very sweet, but occasionally got in pissy moods and didn't want to be touched and she was in one of those moods. So I finally catch her and lead her to the truck where I happened to have had a rope in the back. I tie her to the ball and sit to wait on the kids. Well, about 10 minutes after the bus normally runs it was still not there and I knew I hadn't heard it run while trying to catch the cow. I think maybe it ran and I didn't hear it and the kids were already walking home so I drive slowly leading the cow to the house. No kids on the road or at home. I tie the cow to a tree to keep it put while I go back up the road becuase I knew by now the bus had definately run. No kids at the stop or on the road going back up. So I stop at the neighbors house. They are not home and still no kids. By now I am in a total panic and so many thoughts are going through my head. I am trying to stay calm and look one more time before I call the police. I go back towards the house flying then, to get my cell phone when I go around the curve I see a pair of red heads jump into the woods and hide. I slam on the brakes, rolled down the window, and ordered them inside the truck NOW! The bus had run late and while I was at the house tying the cow it had dropped them off. They had decided to cut through the neighbors property (while I was on the way back to the stop apparetly!)and when they got back on the road they swore they thought it was a stranger coming so they had to hide. I was so relieved and angry .

Quote:
LOL I love your list.

Boy would I have loved to boycott! I had one son with an IEP, I had made sure the teacher had my cell, email, work # all so if she had a problem she could contact me. Which she did not, she violated his IEP in about every way she could and he ended up as an unhappy bored kid spending all class room breaks on a bench watching the other kids play....they were repaving parts of the play ground and has chunks of rocks everywhere....bored boy, rocks to throw...you can guess the rest. He was little and was tossing them in the air over a wall....and hit an older boy on the head on the other side of the wall knocking him out. Now that was a fun school meeting

And the other son, super smart-but totally bored with what he thought was busy work in the classroom. Teacher unloaded on me at the first conference, due to the situation above, we had extra "guests" at our meeting........... I sat very nicely stewing and making mental notes, when I finally got a chance to get a word in on her rant. I asked, "since you have my cell phone #, work #, Fax # and email address, is there a reason why you waited to contact me about the 55 missing assignments until right now? Are you not the teacher in charge of the Tech center? Is there a reason you do not reply to emails?"

Needly to say, I was not her favorite person right about then-not sure she has talked to me since-even when I see her in the market....lol

lol, i got another one! it was time for my kids to go to the DR. for shots & check ups, well all my kids have nick names (Toad, Boogie, Hog, Raisin & Hammy) well I'm on the phone with the receptionist, and she says give me their names & birth dates, ok ummmmmmm names??....you want their names?? ummmm ok, ummm can you hold on a minute??
th.gif
, I couldn't remember their names!!!!all i could think of was their nick names!
roll.png
i had to hurry up & dig in my brain (whats left of it) to remember their real names!!
tongue.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom