I Will Not Set Eggs! I Will Not Set Eggs!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chook-A-Holic, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Chook-A-Holic

Chook-A-Holic Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2009
    Central, N.C.
    Well I get a knock on the door this morning, and it was the UPS man. After unloading 6 boxes and a little tinkering, this is what it was.

[​IMG]

Now I'm in the middle of remodeling the big girls coop, in fact they are sleeping in their run with a tarp over it. I have 22 4 day old chicks that are in the brooder that I must build a coop/run for, and now this. I'm fighting the urge to set eggs until next spring. Help me!!!

2. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    Well, if you dont want to set any eggs, I will be willing to take that off your hands! LOL! [​IMG]

3. australorpchick

australorpchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2009
    Canyon Lake, TX
    Sure you won't. So what will you be setting next?

4. NatalieB

NatalieB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2009
    Ashby, MA
    Did you buy those new? Those are super......make my hoverbator look prehistoric! Where did you find those babies? [​IMG]

5. neferset

neferset Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    Will you provide us with pictures of your hatch in a few weeks and let us know what breeds you set?

6. Joyryder

Joyryder Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    Scandia, PA
    You know you have to start it to make sure it works properly. Of course you should do a thorough test. Most manufacturers want to correct any problems within the first month. So you better get started. [​IMG]

7. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    ONG, if you don't use it can I borrow it?! [​IMG]

8. wombat

wombat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2009
    Post pics once you're up to 1000 chickens! That'll be in about 6 months!

[​IMG]

9. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

You can send them to my house, then you will not be tempted..LOL

10. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    LOL with those she can be up to 1000 chickens in 38 or 40 days... Not months.

I just have an antique redwood one, and about 36 MORE eggs on a shelf settling from shipping. All waiting for one more shelf... OMG

After that I am mostly done. Kind of, well, I should be. But the neighbor with the seramas will GIVE me eggs until Jan. for nothin... and ummm well ... they're awful cute.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by