I wish I could be a say at home mom...

bt03

Songster
8 Years
Mar 1, 2011
Over the rainbow...
If for no other reason than to be able to put my daughter into a better school system
he.gif
The school shelled out tens of thousands of dollars for a brand new marquee a couple years ago, it hasn't been updated since May. They have a website, I'm not sure when the last update was because the greeting form the "new principal" has been up for 4 years now. They put announcements in the newspaper, the paper isn't sold in town and if you do want to buy it you have to drive 10 miles to the nearest town to get it
he.gif
Last year they gave, yes gave, my daughter to a complete stranger and told me it was my fault that I wasn't at the front of the line to get her. Luckily they didn't give her to the registered sex offender that lives just down from the school and it only took me 45 minutes to track down who did take her based on the description of the car & a call from a grandmother who was confused as to why she had an extra child in her care (no one was fired, suspended or even repremanded for this). I can't wait until the day that I can quit or she can drive so she can go to a better school even if it is 30 minutes to get there
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif

The reason for the rant today? I was just informed by a friend of mine that yet another important event, Meet the Teacher, is in the middle of the day when it is impossible for working parents to get off. It is scheduled from 3:30-5 PM.... TODAY!
th.gif

hugs.gif

It can be very frustrating. It is so hard to work full time and juggle kids, house, hubbies, etc.
That is why we keep chickens.
smile.png
They keep us grounded and help us keep it simple.
I just want you to know that you are not the only one who struggles with our public school system.
Sometimes it feels like that only way they are going to get it right is if we are there EVERYDAY.
Good Luck.

I would be beside myself if my kid was given to a stranger by the school ( or anyone for that matter). I can't believe they didn't care. Did you file a complaint at the district? I am a teacher, so this totally blows my mind.

I would like to be a stay at home mo too. I just feel like I am missing something I'll never be able to get back by working, but until I win the lotto or something...off to work I go.

Quote:
I went everywhere I could and got nowhere. It was traumatic for both of us to say the least. My daughter told them she didn't know the person but because of our numbered pick-up system they gave her to the person anyway and told her they were right and she was wrong. When I went to the super after going to the principal, he told me I shouldn't have been at the back of the line, I should have gotten there sooner and it could all have been avoided. He blamed it on me, made me feel tiny and basically said tough luck we will give your child to whoever we want. So then I went to the school board, and they said they would change the pick-up system but never did, the district never even got back to me. I take personal time every day now to ensure I am there at the front of the line to get her. It is something a parent should never have to go through and I know we got really lucky that it was a nice grandmother that got her but it could have ended differently, yet everyone at the school thinks that because she was ok then the situation was all ok.

Unbelievable...what a terrible system. That super should be fired. Again, I am so sorry you had to go through that. Maybe your local news should do a story. That might change the district's attitude.

OMG! That story will give ME nightmares and it wasn't my kid!

My kid's school is crazy about this type of security. And I tell them frequently despite the screaming complaints of other parents that I for one appreciate their diligence.

It's astonishing to me that they would blame YOU for this.

Reporter. Yep that's what you need - a reporter.....

The good news is that children benefit from less than ideal situations. Children who are given every advantage have a narrow view of the world. Children exposed to hardship and more diverse cultures develop empathy and are more worldly.

The fact that you do the best you possibly can for your child is enough. Your child knows you take care.

Even negative experiences provide valuable life lessons for our children....and for us parents.

Relax and enjoy the childhood years. You don't get much time before the children grow up and move away. Oh no - mine have not gone away, but I realize someday, they shall.
hugs.gif

I think a new pick up system is at the very least a wonderful great idea. when our children are picked up unless they ride the bus we have to sign them out in the office it always seemed like a nuisance to me but now i am glad they do it that way i shudder to think they could hand off a child like they do a movie theatre ticket.

I would love a new pick up system that required me to get off my butt go to the office and sign my child out! I found out that the pick-up is basically the same that it has been since we got this principal and I could easily duplicate the number that they have given me. I might do it and give it to my cousin and have him come pick her up just to prove a point to the school. As long as you have this number you get this kid no matter who the heck you are. The sad part is they say to hang the number in your rear view mirror so most people just leave it there to be stolen by any Joe Schmo. Sad sad system and I sincerely hope that it doesn't happen again but I know it will and I'm just buying time.

Side note: We did try the reporter route but no one would cooperate and talk to the news about what happened, not even the lady that they gave my child to. So with only me talking they didn't really have a story to run
hmm.png

I have found there are hassles with all types of schooling that we have tried(public,private,eschool,and homeschool),but if I had a coice I would choose homeschooling.

Giving my child to another well that would be my kids last day at that school.

Back
Top Bottom