I wish (teacher sigh).

I got all excited and hopeful until I read that they don't serve private schools.

sad.png

What about grants from the library association, etc.? Go to the nearest college and ask about using their grant search database. I'll proofread a grant for you! It's what I do...

What about going to your local bank and asking about whether there are any granting foundations that might offer up those funds? Bank execs often are in power to suggest or grant monies to applicants. If you have any local rotary clubs or things of that nature, they will often hand out a few hundred here and there.

Last edited:
I can get copies of the Odyssey free online, but the translations are a bit rough.

If I request funds (other than grants) from anyone in the community, I have to go through Admin.

I teach at a small private school, not a larger prep school. We had a rough year with some hard staff cuts.

I could write grants, but at this point it looks like I'll be running off copies from the online version.

I'll put in the request for next year if I get to teach English again (Last year I taught French and New Testament).

Things are just funky all around.

On a happy note, I did put in a grant RQ through a local credit union. If I get that, I'm halfway toward the new books.

smile.png

It's just hard to be excluded from cash because of where I teach. We try to keep costs low to parents as well. It's still going to be a great school year!

Back
Top Bottom