I would like to add this predator / pest to the list!

Quote:
Thats exactly what we have, and I resisted getting it until just last month.

I don't want anybody trying to put an electronic leash on me. and my phone is only on when my kids are at school in case of an emergency.

My mother on the other hand gets panicky if an hour has gone by and her cell phone hasn't rang.
When she comes here to visit I have to tell her to turn it off because we can't talk for more than 10 minutes without someone calling her.
roll.png

I told her not to worry, when she kicks the bucket I'll have her phone buried with her.

You have to wonder how we all survived before cell phones. I think life was just a little calmer and slower without them. Think about it, it is an interuption, someone usually wants something in some form.

I do have one but it stays in my car 95% of the time.

My family knows I will not be a SLAVE to that thing! so they usually don't even try to call me on it, they just call the land line an leave a message.

Quote:
That's what I have. I have only given the number out to those who may need it in an emergency (my folks, DD's school, etc.) and that's it. The darn thing makes me jump when it rings as it doesn't do that to often.

We had Verizon. We used less than five minutes a month. It was just too expensive and it didn't work well out here in the sticks. So I bought a tracphone and some minutes. It works beautifully and it saves us lots of money. We only use it for emergencies and like now when our home phone is messed up due to the rain (if it rains the line gets static). I highly recommend them!

First of all, services like T Mobile wont work where I live. Second, texting?? What on earth caused that to start up? I absolutely do NOT get texting! Just talk, already. We'll have a generation of carpal tunnel sufferers whose thumbs will no longer work. I have no signal at my house. Almost anywhere around where I live, there is no signal. I cant even call 911 if I want to from a cellphone. Waste of money!

Quote:
That's what we did. We have Go Phones from what used to be Cingular and is now AT&T. Which is funny since we just switched our land line FROM AT&T because of the enormous bill. I'm spending about $25 every three months on each of 2 phones. We only use them for emergencies or quick messages to each other or my mom. The school has our numbers. My in-laws too. That's about it.

Ok, so I guess it's official. Cell phones are pests, and network providers are predators. lol.

I just went outside for a minute and all of my chickens and guineas are hanging out under the shed. Hiding from the real predators I guess. Or maybe just enjoying the shade and the cool dirt.

Quote:
Thats exactly what we have, and I resisted getting it until just last month.

I don't want anybody trying to put an electronic leash on me. and my phone is only on when my kids are at school in case of an emergency.

My mother on the other hand gets panicky if an hour has gone by and her cell phone hasn't rang.
When she comes here to visit I have to tell her to turn it off because we can't talk for more than 10 minutes without someone calling her.
roll.png

I told her not to worry, when she kicks the bucket I'll have her phone buried with her.

Hey, I feel ya there. My sister in law is like that. Her cell phone is ALWAYS ringing or being text. It's annoying and rude when you're trying to have a conversation with her and she answers the darn phone! Just found out they're being kicked out or some nonsense, so they'll be staying here until they find an apartment. I might go nuts hearing the cell phone ring like that.
barnie.gif

Henrietta, we hardly EVER use it. I mean, DH has the number, I have the number, some of our parents and siblings have it, but everyone calls the house because we didn't even bother setting up our voicemail on it.
lol.png
I buy a new $20 60-minutes card every 2-3 months, tops. Beats those $90 a month per phone bills we had a few years ago.
wink.png
that's for sure.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom