I would NOT want to faint in a chicken coop!

Quote:
Crocs aren't good either! I have a black pair and they have the holes in them and mine peck at my feet thru the holes!

Crocs and socks?
tongue.png

Quote:
Crocs aren't good either! I have a black pair and they have the holes in them and mine peck at my feet thru the holes!

Crocs and socks?
tongue.png

I've been known to wear Birkenstocks (the sandals they want to eat) and socks, as I'm a hippie who completely lacks a sense of style.
big_smile.png

Good point on the holes in the Crocs - back to the drawing board! I'd wear my husband's work boots, except his feet are huge, and he probably wouldn't appreciate it very much. I'll have to hit Wal-Mart and get some cheapo knockoff Keds that I can get poop-covered without caring.

We have any overly curious Torbieco cat. She will go in and try to sniff them. They are 4 weeks old and have no fear of her. Usually it is her tail and ears but this morning one got her right in her eye. It actually had her down on her back defending herself with all 4 paws!

91661_shin_chicken.jpg

Last edited:
I too wear Crocs because they are easy to clean afterwards & they see my toes (with & without socks), must think they're mealworms LOL. Sure hurts when they peck. I'm thinking good 'ol fashioned rubber boots. I had a rooster take a CHUNK of skin out of my hand (1 of the times I DIDN'T wear gloves) when I reached for a hen to put her back in the coop. It took a couple of weeks to heal. Good "ol Bag Balm
big_smile.png

Yeah... I had a nice, long cut up my leg from a branch attack while mowing and that was the main focus for awhile. I have pictures of one of my RSLs pecking at my toes and the metal studs on my flip flops. Rivets and buttons always get me a good pecking in the butt, legs and hip areas. My pant and shirt hems are popular as well. Let just say no part of my body is safe if I sit long enough in the hen shed to watch the babies. I have two moles on my face that get a ton of attention if I am not careful. I also have one on my forearm that has been pecked open once. A few get a bit obnoxious and jump up and grab my fingers. Truth is, the boys know I am the food bag and as soon as they see me, I am swarmed by 24 roos. The girls swarm me, too, but I have to sit patiently for them to come to me. Then I have 46 of them fighting over me.
wink.png

Yes, definitely the buttons on the back of the pants pockets ......... they get me everytime! If I sit awhile with the girls, there is also a lot of tugging at the shirttail in back, too. Funny and cute at 8 weeks, but not sure about the full grown pecks:
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom