I woulda sworn I live in FL

13* this morning in NC mountains. and Top of Sugar loaf mt. in FL? got any pics?
smile.png

36 degrees with the HUMIDITY at 70%

It's not the cold, it's the humidity that does us in.
This is what I found this morning at 8:30. Frozen water and frosty yard.
94276_1-4-12_brrrr_002.jpg
94276_1-4-12_brrrr_001.jpg

Last edited:
Whew! Now thats cold Sonew! 22 this morning here. 25 now. Like anderson said though. It is definitely the humidity that makes either way brutal here I promise ya. Nettie Im with YOUR ducks on that 72degree inside the house.
lol.png

Florida is overrated.
smile.png

St. Louis is warmer this morning than some of Florida.
I'm sure the chickens appreciate the cooler temps.

One particularly cold winter many years ago for Christmas vacation, my co-workers thought I was crazy for going to Colorado. They said they were all going to Florida. As I came out of the Eisenhower tunnel on I-70 I picked up the Vail, CO radio station and they said "It's 33 this morning in Vail and 32 in Miami".

You can swim(heated pools) or anything else you want to do in CO at 33. There's nothing to do in Miami at that temp.

Quote:
I'll take 13
ep.gif

Its about 10 right now:) No LIE if you look up the coldest places in the US..Saranac Lake ( 17 MILES FROM ME) is always on the top of the list!

Quote:
I'll take 13
ep.gif

Its about 10 right now:) No LIE if you look up the coldest places in the US..Saranac Lake ( 17 MILES FROM ME) is always on the top of the list!

Thats okay so we believe ya. How about your chickens how do they take the cold?

Back
Top Bottom