I woulda sworn I live in FL

Quote:
woot.gif
celebrate.gif

Quote:
Its about 10 right now:) No LIE if you look up the coldest places in the US..Saranac Lake ( 17 MILES FROM ME) is always on the top of the list!

Thats okay so we believe ya. How about your chickens how do they take the cold?

Mostly good. I had one of my favorite BLR brahmas pass last night
hit.gif
She looked off a few nights ago as the temps were going down. I made her scrambeled eggs and vitamins to give her extra warmth and a boost for the following few nights...I asked Dh , as he tends to the birds in mornings and he texts me everyday with the low down on anything I should know when I get home to look at..."Hunny" "Peaches didnt make it" She was the first of the year to lose to the cold. Every year I lose a few to extreme temps-or some get really bad frostbite no matter what I do...I try and raise only the most hardy breeds for this very reason...

Quote:
Thats okay so we believe ya. How about your chickens how do they take the cold?

Mostly good. I had one of my favorite BLR brahmas pass last night
hit.gif
She looked off a few nights ago as the temps were going down. I made her scrambeled eggs and vitamins to give her extra warmth and a boost for the following few nights...I asked Dh , as he tends to the birds in mornings and he texts me everyday with the low down on anything I should know when I get home to look at..."Hunny" "Peaches didnt make it" She was the first of the year to lose to the cold. Every year I lose a few to extreme temps-or some get really bad frostbite no matter what I do...I try and raise only the most hardy breeds for this very reason...

Sorry you lost your Brahma, They are hardy birds but with your temps that is pushing it a bit I'm sure. I hope all of us have a much milder winter this year than the last 2. it was brutal here and we're mid south. 13* with wind chill around 0 is cold enough. and thank goodness it actually got into the 40's today 50's tomorrow and 50's on Friday...
wee.gif
sorry I'm not rubbing it in..

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm on my cell posting. Sorry, but Google ( Sugarloaf Mountain Clermont, Florida) and look for some of the photos and info on it. It is the highest spot in Central Florida @ around 312' , they hold some large bicycle and ironman comp. in the area.

Maye

P.S. Sorry, made correction for in Central Florida @ 312'. Was in a hurry and did not proofread.

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm on my cell posting. Sorry, but Google ( Sugarloaf Mountain Clermont, Florida) and look for some of the photos and info on it. It is the highest spot in Florida @ around 320' , they hold some large bicycle and ironman comp. in the area.

Maye

The Highest point in Fl is up by me. 345 ft Britton Hill, Walton County Also the lowest point of all high points in the states
tongue.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm on my cell posting. Sorry, but Google ( Sugarloaf Mountain Clermont, Florida) and look for some of the photos and info on it. It is the highest spot in Florida @ around 320' , they hold some large bicycle and ironman comp. in the area.

Maye

The Highest point in Fl is up by me. 345 ft Britton Hill, Walton County Also the lowest point of all high points in the states
tongue.png

Sorry, was in a hurry and did not proofread.
duc.gif

Quote:
tongue.png

Sorry, was in a hurry and did not proofread.
duc.gif

I looked it up, thats pretty cool I was born and partly raised in Fl. and never heard of Sugar Loaf before.

Back
Top Bottom