IA here

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by apbgv, Jan 21, 2007.

1. FlashPointFarm

FlashPointFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2009
    Iowa
    Good find, Jo!

I have a Wellie pullet I'm culling. She has black spots on her breast. Not laying yet, but her comb and wattles are getting pretty big. $15.

2. harleyjo

harleyjo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2010
    SW Iowa
    I just thought if someone was looking for some pet quality silkies that were free this might be a good thing. They are cute!

3. Tiramisu

Tiramisu Got Mutts

May 3, 2008
    Milan PA
    Too bad Des Moines is too far from me, that sounds like a nice deal even for pet quality ones lol.

4. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Must go look - I live in Des Moines...

5. mrandmrschicken

mrandmrschicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    NW IA
    Quote:Pisa tail kinda leans. He needs to get one of those butt masters to strengthen his tail holder upper!

Do I need to bring a security system for my birds at the show??? [​IMG] Just to prevent any shenannigans?????????

Well, I hadn't thought of that possibility... hmm. Oh, I remember they have security there. Wonder how a Dellie would look pink?

The crows are starting to pencil now, and the combs are setting on quite well. What little poop machines they are!

6. mrandmrschicken

mrandmrschicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    NW IA
    LadyWoodsong;

Any change in the status of the Delaware? Did she show back up or do you think a predator may have taken her? How are the feathers growing in on the Buckeye girls necks?

7. karimw

karimw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Eastern IA
    Hey Trish! here are some pictures of the new chicks - 3 buff orps, 1 BR and 1 Ameraucana. And of course Victoria - the lovely Cochin from your March hatch. This is the same one you pointed out to me as having good feathering at a day old. Did she turn out OK?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are some picks of the 3+ week old BRs, Wellies, Ameraucanas and the awesome Sampson babies in their new brooder.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And my two story brooder - my mixed breeds down below and 1 Ameraucana chick that decided to move in with them. I can't hardly tell the difference between the pure bred one and some of my home raised ones - they could be pure - I'll have to wait and see.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. FlashPointFarm

Jan 24, 2009
    Iowa
    Awesome set up you have there, Kari!

Victoria is very pretty. She turned out very well, nice and broad. I wish she had more of a cushion though, but that was what I was getting from my previous rooster that is now chicken stock. [​IMG]
    I forget, did your Wellie hen go broody too?

Quote:

9. karimw

karimw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Eastern IA
    Yep, she sat on 11 eggs and hatched 8. I had all the chicks and the Wellie out loose in the coop and one of your Ameraucana chicks adopted her. They looked so much alike Flossie couldn't tell that one from hers, but she chased all the others away.

10. FlashPointFarm

Jan 24, 2009
    Iowa
    Thought I'd post some pix that I took yesterday of my Orpingtons. I love these guys!!

This is Get Shorty, the roo I was going to show, but can't. I clipped this batch's wings earlier this year to put in a grow out pen. He didn't molt them all and I didn't have the heart to yank them out.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is Big Boy. He is several inches taller than Shorty, I kept him to put more size into the flock.
    [​IMG]

ETA Big Boy's pic.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by