IA here

Quote:
Pepper is adorable! I love the curious look on his face!

The Iowa Blues look awsome too! Is fairly easy to tell pullets from roos at this point? The one in the front looks like a roo maybe, but of course I don't know anything about them. Although they eat and poo a lot I hear
lol.png

I just got done slopping the hogs for the 2nd time today! LOL

I am curious what all of you are using for chicken feed? I free range to the extent that I can. Then I have been using Kent feed 27% protein feed that I mix with cracked corn.

Quote:
I usually buy Layena or Xtra Egg. This last bag I bought though was flock raiser since it has higher protein and I have lots o' moulting chickens. I also free range my little yard
wink.png
and they get sunflower seeds plus leftovers from the kitchen. I will add cracked corn once the snow starts flying - I have heard it helps heat them up.

Quote:
Pepper is adorable! I love the curious look on his face!

The Iowa Blues look awsome too! Is fairly easy to tell pullets from roos at this point? The one in the front looks like a roo maybe, but of course I don't know anything about them. Although they eat and poo a lot I hear
lol.png

I just got done slopping the hogs for the 2nd time today! LOL

That is why I kicked them to the curb. They
love.gif
being outside. And yes the big monster one is a roo and there might be one other roo. You can see him in the picture kind of hunched down and lots of silver on his head. His pencilling is better. The other two have very little comb development and less pencilling so am assuming they are pullets.

The big guy is still quite a bit bigger than the others. Their attitudes have certainly improved since moving out though. They are less flighty and come near me without being prompted.

See you think it's a boy also...

Here is a funny picture of him yelling at me to get back outside.

fallchicksandtheboys005.jpg

I hope it is a lot cheaper to buy it by the ton. When I get my land that is how I'm gonna have to shop if I get my way...

Quote:
No, still gone. And I'm sorry, it was one of the Buckeyes, not a Delaware. I must've got it mixed up when I wrote it last time. It's the one that molted that disappeared. No sign, no nothing. Her feathers were coming back in nicely. The neck feathers have come back in on the one remaining too. They look healthy and are living side-by-side in the coop with the "big girls". They kind of keep to their own little group though. They don't wander too far from the cooper like my big girls do. I'm locking them up earlier in the late afternoon with all the predators that are out and about right now.

You know, just thinking about it, I suppose a hawk or something could've gotten the Buckeye since there's no sign of it anywhere.....??

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom