IA here

I'm so glad there is an Iowa thread.. Been off for a while. We just built 2 extra pens so now deciding what breeds will be best to raise...lol so far I have EE, silkies, sultans, and deciding on a fourth breed. Going to the sale in Malone since I live 15 mins from there...lol was going to go to auction this Sunday in Stuart, Ia. But 4-8 inches of snow may damper that idea...lol be nice knowing more people in Iowa raising chicks and in love with it like I am.

SWIA is cool but no snow. Just sitting watching my eggs and waiting impatiently for "the hatch" n ext Sat.
pop.gif

Hope mine goes as well as yours, karimw! Congrats!

Saturday is the small animal and poultry sale at Kalona Sales Barn. . Sheep and Goats sell Friday night.
I love the Kalona Sale. I usually meet up with my Dad as this sale. But we both decided it was to cold for us to go this time. He was going to bring some coturix but he didn't get a good hatch anyway this time. We will wait and catch one later this spring or summer there when my son is out of school for the summer.
I'm so glad there is an Iowa thread.. Been off for a while. We just built 2 extra pens so now deciding what breeds will be best to raise...lol so far I have EE, silkies, sultans, and deciding on a fourth breed. Going to the sale in Malone since I live 15 mins from there...lol was going to go to auction this Sunday in Stuart, Ia. But 4-8 inches of snow may damper that idea...lol be nice knowing more people in Iowa raising chicks and in love with it like I am.
Welcome back. I hope the snow misses us. We are only supposed to get an inch or two but evertime they say that it is going to miss us we have ended up with 6+ inches! come on Spring weather

Good luck with that decision. There are so many cool breeds to choose from!
barnie.gif

SWIA is cool but no snow. Just sitting watching my eggs and waiting impatiently for "the hatch" n ext Sat.
pop.gif

Hope mine goes as well as yours, karimw! Congrats!
Me too! My Easter hatch is going to be fun. I have some pure Ameraucanas and AM/Iowa Blue crosses (Iowacana's
wink.png
) I just love the puffy cheeks!

Hello Iowa! Newbie from New Virginia. Get my first babies next week from McMurray. Told my friend I wanted to start with 5 chicks...getting 15 since she laughed at me :-( very excited! Getting ready for their arrival. Guilted my boyfriend into letting them stay in the extra bathtub til its warmer teehee!

Anyone taking birds to kalona Saturday?
How was it? Did you go?

Hello Iowa! Newbie from New Virginia. Get my first babies next week from McMurray. Told my friend I wanted to start with 5 chicks...getting 15 since she laughed at me :-( very excited! Getting ready for their arrival. Guilted my boyfriend into letting them stay in the extra bathtub til its warmer teehee!

welcome-byc.gif

Checking in from Pleasantville, Iowa. 16 chicks in the brooding box in the living room, 5 CX's that will get butchered in a month or so, 11more that are hopefully hens. Theisen's said they were all pullets, but I know how that goes. Just waiting for all of this cold weather to pass us by so they can get moved out to the coop!

Hi Guys and Gals,

I bought a house near Milo back in the fall and moved up to IA from Louisiana. We have an old building on out place that seems to be a corn crib but has solid walls. Are they usually portable? We do not have those in Louisiana. I would like to make it into my coop but it needs some work first. Anyone on here close to Milo?

rgoodwin,

I live just up the road from Milo, less than a 10min drive or so. Wondering if you got the crib issue figured out? Some of those can be moved, some are much harder to do. It just depends on how it is anchored down, if it has skids on it, size, etc. Again, I have seen some that could be moved and some that couldnt without destroying them. I could even come take a look at it if you wanted me to.

Back
Top Bottom