IA here

Does anyone have heritage turkeys? I've been looking in my area for a while with no luck. I am looking for Royal Palm, Bourbon Red, and/or Sweetgrass. I could do eggs, poults, or adults. Thanks!

Don't make the call one way or the other until you see an egg or hear a crow. I had two Light Brahma chicks, and one of them was more outgoing, got a red comb WAY earlier than the other, and was larger than the other. Both turned out to be hens, the other was just an outlier with development.
Thank you
smile.png

Hi fellow Iowans! I'm near Cedar Rapids and first time chicken owner. I have six babies that are just about 4 weeks old. 1 BO, 1 ISA Brown, 1 BSL, and 3 EE's. ...please tell me it's not hard to raise chickens through our winters. :0)

I have 8 adult california white hens, 2 EE hens, 2 Barred rock pullets, 1 BO puller, 1 RIR pullet, 4 Red Ranger chicks, 6 Iowa Blue chicks, 5 silkie chicks, and 13 california white pullets. Iowa winters are just fine, as long as the coop is insulated. My girls love pecking snow off my boots. This year at fair i'll be getting them snow cones (grape of course!).

If you want, I can give you a couple silkies in July. Yeah, I do spoil all my pets. My chickens get angel food cake on birthdays, twinkies when my dad goes out, corn and yogurt popsicles, and hot oatmeal if its under 40.

Hi fellow Iowans! I'm near Cedar Rapids and first time chicken owner. I have six babies that are just about 4 weeks old. 1 BO, 1 ISA Brown, 1 BSL, and 3 EE's. ...please tell me it's not hard to raise chickens through our winters. :0)
Hi daisykristy! I'm in Des Moines and I also have six babies that just turned one month (hatch day 4/6) - aren't they awesome!! They all have different personalities
smile.png
Love their little peep peeps - I'm gonna miss that when they eventually get moved to their coop. I'm horrible with abbreviations, here's what I have: 1 Buff Orpington, 1 Black Australorp, 1 Welsummer, 1 Cream Legbar, 1 Salmon Faverolle, and 1 Barred Rock.

Hi
Hi daisykristy!  I'm in Des Moines and I also have six babies that just turned one month (hatch day 4/6) - aren't they awesome!! They all have different personalities :)   Love their little peep peeps - I'm gonna miss that when they eventually get moved to their coop. I'm horrible with abbreviations, here's what I have: 1 Buff Orpington, 1 Black Australorp, 1 Welsummer, 1 Cream Legbar, 1 Salmon Faverolle, and 1 Barred Rock.
Hi! I love your flock! What a cool selection. Can't wait to see pictures.

My son goes to Iowa state :0). We are heading to Ames Friday to pick him up.

::waves:: I'm in Ames! My girls have made it through two winters now just fine. The coop isn't really insulated and it's definitely not heated, but it's in a very sheltered area so it's protected from the wind and heavy snow.

Back
Top Bottom