IA here

I live in Des Moines and currently have a flock of 7 laying hens and 24 chicks... We believe that one is a rooster (a partridge Cochin) and I am mildly interested in keeping him and maybe breeding- we have two partridge pullets as well. So my question is "are you aloud to have a rooster in Des Moines city limits?" And what is the limit on chickens... I've read 25 and 30 so I don't know which one is correct (we live on 3/4 acre btw) thanks for all help

Hello. I to live in Des Moines, I have 30 chickens which is what the city allows. I have 3 pens and have a rooster in each pen. You can have roosters as long as people don't complain if they are to loud. There is a section on here that lets you look up the laws for chickens. My neighbors like to hear the roosters crow. Just remember the chickens have to be more than 25 feet from other houses.

Looking for wild waterfowl breeders in Iowa or southern Minnesota.
I don't know what you're looking for but Hutchinson, MN has a game breeder swap on Sept 14th and there are always lots of different kinds there.
Or you could join the American pheasant & waterfowl society www.apwsbirds.com. You can get a listing from them on all the names, addresses, telephone numbers and birds species of all members.

Hi all,

I have a friend looking for about 5 started pullets for her son to start their own small backyard flock. If you all have any close to the Ames area or know of anyone who does, let me know! :)

Thank you!

I have a few Wyandottes that should be laying here in the next few weeks if he/she is interested. I live on the outskirts of Norwalk, but I guess still in city limits so I have to get rid of my chickens. You can email [email protected] so we can set up a time and place to meet if this is a possibility. thanks!

Looking for a Magpie drake. Had a nice one but something killed it. We have a live trap set for tonight so maybe we will find out what is killing our ducks and chickens

Back
Top Bottom