IA here

Pics
Melissa I'm glad someone could take the goats. I hope your DH finds a new job soon.

Does anyone want some free roosters? I'm not having any luck finding them homes. I'm going to put them on craigslist also. I have two cochins(one black and one white), welsummer, americauna or easter egger and golden laced polish(4). I don't want to take them to the swap in April.

Last edited:
Shelley C. :

Hi everybody,

I just joined and I live in Tipton, IA (Eastern Iowa - about halfway between Davenport and Iowa City) I have been raising chickens for almost 2 years and I have about 200 birds, peafowl and guineas included. I have Barred Rock, Welsummers, Buff Orpingtons, RI Reds, Australorps, Ameraucanas, GL Polish, SL Polish, Giant Partridge Cochin, some mutt bantams, a pair of black/blue Cochin Bantams, a couple of Wyondottes and a couple of Brahmas. And I have Lt. Brahmas, more Welsummer, more Buff Orpingtons, and White Rocks coming next week. I also just received Silkie eggs today that will go in the incubator tommorow. So I think I've come to the right place. People who love chickens as much as I do.

Shelley
jumpy.gif

Hi Shelly!!

I'm over by Sunbury, 6 miles north of Durant!!

I'm new at chickens but have Black copper Marans and Ameraucanas in my brooder right now. If all goes well I'll hatch Blue/Wheaten Ameraucanas today or tomorrow.

This spring (in teh next month or so) I'm getting hatchin geggs for: BCMs, Ameraucanas, Barnevelders, Welsummers, Blue Orpingtons and maybe some Blue Jersey Giants.

We should get together sometime!!
Clay​

Last edited:
Hello all,

I am new to Backyard chickens and from the Oskaloosa area. I have goats, chickens, peafowl, dogs, cats and fish. I thank you all for your wonderful post as it is very helpful. I am always interested in buying chickens especially if you are in my area. Just drop me a PM.

Quote:
What kind of goats do you have? I love my goats! I have nubians, Alpines, pygmies, boers and some crosses.

I have a neighbor that raises peafowl.

Rangeratkwood welcome to BYC. You will like this place. It will definitely increase the birds you have. I'm curious to what kind of goats you have. We have three pgymys(all girls). Our best male died this winter. So I'm looking for another one.

Quote:
Welcome to BYC!
smile.png
We have chickens, ducks, a pair of geese, a turkey, horses, sheep, goats, dogs, cats, rabbits, and 2 turtles.

Anyone going to the Kalona Exotic Sale the 13th and 14th? We are. We are taking some chickens, goats, and sheep to sale.

momof3 my blue hens from you are doing great. I am hatching out their eggs in the incubator right now with some BO eggs and other crosses. I also have a broody hen sitting on eggs due to hatch over the weekend:) So lots of chicks here. I love how each chick out of the Blue hens looks totally different.

Last edited:
Hello Iowa -
I'm new to BYC and new to chickens in general. I live in Madison County, Iowa (yes, there are still some bridges here). We moved to the country in Feb 2008 after building a house and now the summer of 2009 project will be a chicken coop.
clap.gif

We have 6 flying mallard ducks that will soon be ready to lay (about 6 months old today). We have a 110 pound German Shepherd and tiny black kitten who love each other. I have 2 silkies and one cuckoo maran rooster, and 25 chicks on the way in 10 days or so.
D.gif

I also have two teenage sons and one DH who will become "master-coop-builder" this week.
Here's my German Shepherd in his Christmas outfit:
23790_10pt_buck_2008.jpg

It's nice to find this message board, so much info and help from all.

Quote:
Your poor hubby doesn't know what he is in for.lol I say that because my dh starting out building one for me then I needed another one. Now we have moved to a bigger place with more buildings. lol I love the pic of your German Shepherd. So cute. Welcome to BYC

Quote:
Welcome to BYC!
smile.png
We have chickens, ducks, a pair of geese, a turkey, horses, sheep, goats, dogs, cats, rabbits, and 2 turtles.

Anyone going to the Kalona Exotic Sale the 13th and 14th? We are. We are taking some chickens, goats, and sheep to sale.

momof3 my blue hens from you are doing great. I am hatching out their eggs in the incubator right now with some BO eggs and other crosses. I also have a broody hen sitting on eggs due to hatch over the weekend:) So lots of chicks here. I love how each chick out of the Blue hens looks totally different.

Glad those hens are doing great. Their mom is the best hen I have for hatching out her own chicks. I don't think we are going to the sale. I would love to but it is the start of my kids spring break. I have my incubator up and running. I put eggs in it tomorrow. They will be welsummers,cuckoo maran,ameraucans, and BO/with salmon faverolle. Spring is here!

Hey 09newChickMom

Make sure that you have plenty of natural ventilation in the new building. Chickens have plenty of respiratory problems not to mention the dust!
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom