IA here

Quote:
What feed store still has chicks now?

Des Moines feed and nursery.

Where are they located at and what kinds of chicks do they still have? How long do they typically keep chicks around for? I would love to know that they would still have them for awhile. I keep going back and forth on incubators and now I am wondering if I should just try to make a cheap one.
hu.gif

Quote:
How are the girls doing w/o brooster around to make their nests? The buttercup I call Moose is doing the same nest making like his dad did.

doing good, have them in with the older laying hens and Ia blues. I don't think any of them are fighting, and yesterday I'm sure Mr. Ia blue mated one of them
ep.gif

Wonder what that would look like?
lol.png

Quote:
Well, I am downright appalled that they haven't read the instruction booklet!!!!
barnie.gif

lol...

Well, that's kind of the way I've done most things with the chickens is just do it and hope it works out so I guess I can do it with these too. But since there's a frost warning tonight, I don't think I'll do it tonight.
smile.png

Ok, thanks for the courage.
tongue.png

Quote:
Des Moines feed and nursery.

Where are they located at and what kinds of chicks do they still have? How long do they typically keep chicks around for? I would love to know that they would still have them for awhile. I keep going back and forth on incubators and now I am wondering if I should just try to make a cheap one.
hu.gif

Do you know where AE Dairy is on Hubbell? They are right by it - you can't miss the big grain elevator. Not sure how long he will have chicks.

We decided not to go to the auction and then we decided to go but not in time to take the chicks. I'm just going to list them on CL for now and see what I can get. Any that don't sell will go to the auction next month for sure. We ended up buying a whole lotta muscovy ducklings though and some porcelain d'uccles and some ameraucanas that I'm pretty sure are just EEs but maybe not...

Also got some more pheasant eggs.

OH - Oldiabird - I hate to tell you this but there was another white peacock...

Quote:
How are the girls doing w/o brooster around to make their nests? The buttercup I call Moose is doing the same nest making like his dad did.

doing good, have them in with the older laying hens and Ia blues. I don't think any of them are fighting, and yesterday I'm sure Mr. Ia blue mated one of them
ep.gif

lol.png

Blue Bonnet margarine! Hahahahahaha.
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

Quote:
ep.gif

lol.png

Blue Bonnet margarine! Hahahahahaha.
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

Oh Eric - you slay me...

BTW I saw and talked to Lisa at the auction - CHubby Bubby found a good home with a friend of hers.

Quote:
hu.gif

Do you know where AE Dairy is on Hubbell? They are right by it - you can't miss the big grain elevator. Not sure how long he will have chicks.

We decided not to go to the auction and then we decided to go but not in time to take the chicks. I'm just going to list them on CL for now and see what I can get. Any that don't sell will go to the auction next month for sure. We ended up buying a whole lotta muscovy ducklings though and some porcelain d'uccles and some ameraucanas that I'm pretty sure are just EEs but maybe not...

I would be interested in some of those porcelains if you have some to spare, lost all but 1 roo in the mink attack, Had 7 or 8 hens and 4 or 5 roos!!! What did you end up having to pay for the ducklings? ANNNND what did the white peacock bring and how old was he , we are sure enjoying ours as he & our blk. shoulder are having display contests!!! Tiffany graduated today, so was unable to get away.

I made the mistake of taking my wife to Orschelen's on Friday night and they just got in a batch of assorted bantams and she dealt with them on taking them all, so we have 30 more chicks , lost three, but hatched two Ia. blues, one bantam buttercup, one bantam d'anvers and two seramas yesterday and won an e-bay auction for 8+ Ia. blue eggs, hopefully have good luck with them!!!!

It looks like everyone had a busy weekend! So many chicks coming and going it's hard to keep up! I'm not enjoying this weather at all! I have 40 Easter chicks waiting to go out to the brooder in the coop but I decided 35 was a bit too much of a shock to their spoiled little systems. It better warm up though because I have 20 IaB eggs in lock down cheeping and pipping and I need the indoor space! I suppose I could rig up another tub if I have to:rolleyes:

Quote:
hu.gif

Thanks for the info... I also would like to know how much the muscovy ducklings went for. I have 2 sitting on eggs right now and I plan to sell all but a few of the ducklings.

Back
Top Bottom