IA here

It's been a weird few days with this weather, the reporters can't keep up! We went from no rain predicted to a huge cell that developed on top of us and dumped about 2 inches. Nothing yesterday or last night, but how can it be foggy with 20 mph wind? wouldn't it just blow away?

Hatching Iowa Blues and mixed breed Turkeys today
woot.gif

Look what I got today, they are cute. Good thing I am not going tomorrow, I would want more.
lol.png

Last edited:
Went to the flea market in What Cheer today. I bought a "three holer" for $20! It's the flat board from an old outhouse with three side-by-side holes cut in it. Going to use it for seating at the basement bar!!

Got home from Poultry show last night in time to get all birds in the chicken house before dark! Had a great time. Nice people and some great and not so great birds. My birds did nothing special. Wish I had taken some more Columbians with me. Could have sold them easily.

Craig

Just got back from Fredricksburg swap kind of a flop cause of weather, only hand full of people. Did get 6 rollers ,8 RIR chicks. Hope the weather is better next weekend for Osage.

Last edited:
Burlington was good today. There was a good turnout of customers. I didn't bring anything to sell since I helped work the swap, but my friends all did well on sales. Good day, but boy am I tired!!!

Craig, will you be attending the Avoca show?

Gregg, what did you find out about taking birds there?

Anyone going to the show interested in some Birchen MGB chicks? They range from two week olds to just hatched. Also have a few new Hampshire Red bantam chicks but not sure how many of either I'd bring.
Also have a LF Black Langshan. It was supposed to be a bantam but it's got feet bigger than me! Believe it's a pullet. It is a very nice bird, gentle. No it is not one I got from Jim. His are all bantams as expected.

Last edited:
Jeez, Eric! I was just telling my friend Cathy, that if I got into bantams again, it would be silver birchen MGB's. ( I don't need another breed, I don't need another breed, I don't need another breed.) If you don't find a home for the JG pullet, I can take her and put her with my layer flock as I'm selling eating eggs at a roadside stand and the CR farmer's market this Summer.

Jeez, Eric! I was just telling my friend Cathy, that if I got into bantams again, it would be silver birchen MGB's. ( I don't need another breed, I don't need another breed, I don't need another breed.) If you don't find a home for the JG pullet, I can take her and put her with my layer flock as I'm selling eating eggs at a roadside stand and the CR farmer's market this Summer.
What do you mean JG pullet? I have a Black Langshan. She?, is only a month 1/2 old. One thing about the MGB's... they are so friendly and small, they take up no room! I will also have for sale a Buckeye bantam hen, after the show. For adoption, an EE bantam hen. Both nice girls and laying a regular sized egg, but the EE has no color to her eggs any more. She needs to be grazing again. We have had them for a long time and I do want them to go to a place where they can be happy and get treats! They love bread!
The langshan, Buckeye and chicks will be for sale. I will swap you Miss E, for the cock maran you have.

What do you mean JG pullet? I have a Black Langshan. She?, is only a month 1/2 old. One thing about the MGB's... they are so friendly and small, they take up no room! I will also have for sale a Buckeye bantam hen, after the show. For adoption, an EE bantam hen. Both nice girls and laying a regular sized egg, but the EE has no color to her eggs any more. She needs to be grazing again. We have had them for a long time and I do want them to go to a place where they can be happy and get treats! They love bread!
The langshan, Buckeye and chicks will be for sale. I will swap you Miss E, for the cock maran you have.
I meant Langshan, LOL. Neeeed coffeeeeee. I'll take the EE hen and let her free range with my layers.

Back
Top Bottom