Icelandic Chickens

77bc5ec6_DSC00749.jpeg

What color did this chick end up as Joy

Your money has been refunded. Next time you might want do more research. The feathering issue with Icelandics has been under discussion for years, not just on BYC and my website, but Facebook and Yahoo groups as well.

Regarding your only hatching six chicks, I have not had an infertile egg in over a year. Perhaps the package received rough handling by the post office or there was a problem with incubation. In either event, if you were unhappy the polite thing to do would have been to contact me via PM and let me know.

Enjoy your Icelandics. They are wonderful birds.

Mary

Thanks for the refund. I didn't ask for it nor did I expect it.

It's true I haven't read all 1500 pages of this thread, and I realize it is my fault for not ferreting out every scrap of information. Caveat emptor - a motto to live by. If a disclaimer was on your website I missed it. Sorry.

I didn't mean to imply that I was blaming you for the hatch rate. The eggs were certainly fertile. About twenty of them started off developing in my incubator, very impressive coming from one side of the country to the other.

I wanted these chicks so bad and I had terrible hatching problems. I was already frustrated, and then I read about feathering problems.

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom