Icelandic Chickens

Quote:
TOO COLD! It has been unusually cold here, and thats only upper 20s. We don't get extreme cold, and rarely get snow. I don't mind, I really do not care for being cold! I am battling with trying to keep my chickens supplied with water, as the current waterers that I have they LOVE to spill :/ Looking forward to adding Icelandics to the group, will need to get my aviary netting over the run soon!

Hey Gang! Been busy at work and haven't been able to post in a while but here are some updated pics. They are all growing well ended up with 9 icelandics. I still can't tell the hens from the roos.

Hi All

Tis me, surfing and enjoying. But, I am going to have to rehome my remaining chickens.

I have 2 groups, five each, two roosters with 3 hens, and 3 roosters with two hens. A blend of both Marys lines. Very colorful, majority have crests, only one SC, 3 two yr olds the rest last summers. All the roosters and 3 of the hens are by Gosy from Mary Not a Farm, the others are from Mary Collifornya. Only she has a spaniel who thinks he's a shepherd, chicken shepherd, or emu. Dont know which.

They are in Central Northern MI, close to Lake Huron, south of Alpena, north of Saginaw. I will meet someone part way, but anyone who comes I have a LOT of equpment, plus 2 incubators, and up to 3 raised pens.

No price on these, no-one could pay what I think that they are worth. I just want them in a good home.

Enjoy, happy chickens!

Jake

Jake, I sent you a PM earlier today but I am not sure it went through. I have a pair of your Icelandics that I got from Beth in TC and I really like them, the rooster stands to get petted and have his chest feathers ruffled. We just put all of the Icelandic hens in with him, a total of six hens. He walked in the pen like he it was his all along. he has a lot of character. My cell phone number was in the PM or email me.
thanks

Well my second hatch went horribly wrong. During lockdown my incubator topped working. Not sure how many hours it was down before I found it. I stated up my spare incubator and moved them. I had 6 Icelandic and 2 Silver Ameraucana eggs. The Ameraucanas hatched quickly with no problems. The Icelandic's were shrink wrapped bad. I had to hand hatch 4 of them. Took bout 12 hours but I got them out.

3 of the four Icelandic's look like zombies (membrane still stuck to them in places), but are strong and healthy, doing great.
The forth Icelandic who happens to be the healthiest looking cant stand up or walk. The problem is not with its legs, they are strong and in the proper place. It lays on is side and pushes itself around. I have been hand feeding it. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom