Icelandic Chickens

I let my Icelandics out this morning to free range for the entire day. When I went out to check and see if they were all on their roosts, the only one missing from that pen was my blue EE that I have renamed Stella.

Don't worry, she hasn't laid in weeks and I would never incubate her eggs... they're green.

Mary I think I'll pass on Bosley, I dont want them looking like Hobbits !
lau.gif
gig.gif

Michelle I think that you are on to something, the featherless legs may have been a real survival factor in Iceland in the winter. Ice could have formed on the leg feathers, there has to be a reason why this is.

Mahonri I think you are right to replace your roo, that feather bending is surely genetic.

Snaphu you have some absolutely gorgeous roos.
celebrate.gif

One looks a lot like Blau except for the comb, and not having Blaus crest. Blau has the golden cape, and the brilliant gold with the contrasting blue and other colors.

We had a beautiful soaking rain here yesterday, which also knocked the temps down to normal summer morning now.

Life is good, and better with Icelandics !

thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Laree, I have never seen feathered feet on an Icelandic. Occasionally light feather on the shanks, but I have never heard of feathered feet. Hmm........
idunno.gif

Feathered legs, feathered legs... and the chicks look just like one of Mahonri's pullets. White with a single black spot on a shoulder.

Back
Top Bottom