Icelandic Chickens

Quote:
Thank you!
smile.png
thumbsup.gif
clap.gif

Ok, finally caught up on the posts, after being gone for 3 days on a 15th annual Christmas family gathering at Bavarian Inn Lodge in Frankenmuth MI. Boy, you guys have been chatting.
th.gif

Nice Pictures everyone.
thumbsup.gif

My sister-in-law gave me two CDs of the pictures that she took of my flock. Enjoy.
big_smile.png

chickens3081.jpg

chickens3083.jpg

chickens3077.jpg

chickens3061.jpg

chickens3041.jpg

chickens3031.jpg

chickens3062.jpg

chickens3020.jpg

This is MR. Flopper that I had mentioned a week ago or so.
chickens3002.jpg

This is the one that I thought that he had a wry tail.
chickens2021.jpg

chickens2013.jpg

Trying to get the ''best spot''.
roll.png

chickens2026.jpg

chickens2030.jpg

chickens2031.jpg

Hogging all the ladies, and a hen giving us a stink eye.
chickens2035.jpg

Great looking Icelandics Daron !

I remember some of them as chicks !

Your blue breasted one was all black until he was about four weeks old, and I almost kept him but he had that SC and I wanted a majority of rose combs. The mottled ones I also remember and came close to keeping one, they sure turned out well !

Good luck with them! I have exact matches of the pullets. You have the basics of a very nice flock.

lol.png
He keeps all the boys away from the girls. I am going to keep him, for he is good with the ladies, and defend them well. I will keep the blue one and one white, and the 2 mottled that are from a different import. I will keep 5 total. I have put the other roos on an auction here on BYC. Hopefully they will go to a good home to a serious breeder.

Hey Daron I just saw your ad for the longcrower eggs! I didn't realize you had those. I love them! I have been thinking of getting some. I will have to check with you in the spring for some eggs. So tell us ,are they really different than the other roos crowing? I understood that the ones in the U>S< don't do as good as the ones in the foreign countrys on Youtube. I also like the denzilis that the guy in Ark. has.
Boy those roos are pretty!

I got them from Wyentte, and the roo's crow is the most beautiful crow that I have ever heard, and a bit longer then the Icelandic's crows. This is when he is crowing-
chickens588.jpg
I will be up early in the morning to record his crow, and check to see if I caught any rats in my new traps. I HATE RATS!
somad.gif

Back
Top Bottom